IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It would have potentially mattered in two games, Rutgers and NW at home. At Rutgers, IU was 4-15 and lost by nine. But even at 80%, they lose by one. Against NW, they were 12-21 and lost by 4. At 80%, it's OT or they win by one. 

IU was 15-22 against KS, but KU was 17-24, and IU lost by 4. 

But the median FT% in CBB is 71.6%, so at the median, it would make no difference. Only two teams are +80% on the season. 

Butler is 5th at 79.1% and IN ST is 11th at 78.2%. 

FT shooting has been miserable, but it isn't the reason for the record. 

Sure do appreciate the response. Do the numbers factor in front end of 1:1's at all? Honestly just curious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

It's more than just points lost/not scored. It's runs we stop, added pressure on the opponent, etc.

It's a big glaring $h!tty stat and absolutely frustrating 

absolutely agree with this. When a team is making free throw after free throw, especially with a lead, it deflates an opponent. It does the same to put pressure on a team when you are coming from behind. 

• Like 1

Since Coach is "not going anywhere anytime soon", the portal has to be his best friend in the off season! 

Coach has to.... (if Reneau stays and possibly Ware & MgBako decide to come back)

#1..... land a quality and proven PG.

#2.... find at least 2 scoring guards with respectable/good 3 pt. shooting %'s

#3.... Win

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Since Coach is "not going anywhere anytime soon", the portal has to be his best friend in the off season! 

Coach has to.... (if Reneau stays and possibly Ware & MgBako decide to come back)

#1..... land a quality and proven PG.

#2.... find at least 2 scoring guards with respectable/good 3 pt. shooting %'s

#3.... Win

I agree. #1 and #2 are necessary for #3, and #1 and #2 are a whole lot easier said than done. I hate that we are in the position of being so portal dependent going into year four. 

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but I would like to see more of the assistant coaches involved in the huddle and during time outs. I know you see Coach Rosemond and Coach Walsh in Woodson's ear as well the the players, but I like seeing IU Women's Coach Wierzba drawing up specific defensive plays as Coach Moren listen's in. JMO

Just did not know where to put this but wanted to share a little encounter from Saturday.

Our company did some work for the All Star game and the owner and I were able to take our kids to the practice and had a great time. When I got home my neighbor was outside and he is a huge sports fan so we talked for a little while about the practice and sports in general. He was putting up his Nascar flag of the Jeff Gordon #24. Being a big Gordon fan myself we talked some nascar and I asked him why the Gordon flag and not someone current that has a chance of winning. Without missing a beat he says I have looked over at the IU flag you have flying and have thought the same thing. Gordon has the same chance of winning the cup as IU does winning another title in basketball. He says I think we both relish and miss the past. Unfortunately I could not argue. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just did not know where to put this but wanted to share a little encounter from Saturday.

Our company did some work for the All Star game and the owner and I were able to take our kids to the practice and had a great time. When I got home my neighbor was outside and he is a huge sports fan so we talked for a little while about the practice and sports in general. He was putting up his Nascar flag of the Jeff Gordon #24. Being a big Gordon fan myself we talked some nascar and I asked him why the Gordon flag and not someone current that has a chance of winning. Without missing a beat he says I have looked over at the IU flag you have flying and have thought the same thing. Gordon has the same chance of winning the cup as IU does winning another title in basketball. He says I think we both relish and miss the past. Unfortunately I could not argue. 

I thought of you with all that signage going up all over the place.  Even tried to see if i could recognize you amongst guys doing work one day downtown.  

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I mean Gordon does have a shot a championship as a team owner…

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I thought of you with all that signage going up all over the place.  Even tried to see if i could recognize you amongst guys doing work one day downtown.  

Not gonna see me doing much work on the physical side of things too old for that but I was very present on several sites. Doing a big TOP SECRET job that most of us will like to see when its done

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

IU has lost three straight at home to PSU, NW and NEB. Those three teams have a total of 5 B1G road wins, three of which are at IU. The other two are PSU at Rutgers and NW at PSU. 

IU and MI are currently playing the worst ball in the B1G

I posted it in another thread, but we have lost four of our last five at home.

The losses are to Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska, and Purdue.

And the average margin is 13.5 points in those four losses. 

I was flipping back and forth between the Men's and women's games. There was one very striking difference: The women's team moves the ball with pace, both up the floor, ,and particularly in each and every pass they make.

The men's team (mainly X) walks the ball up the court, and every pass is non-chalant. I bet it never gets above 2 mph. We had at least 2-3 steals against us because of lazy passes.

It's so fundamental. I learned how to pass in the 6th grade....

And we may have some talented players, but they're not mentally tough. Not even close. Cupps, Gallo, and Walker are mentally tough in my book. But no one else comes to mind. Maybe Leal.

Edited by DWB

10 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

And then was complaining about the foul or something. I never understand that kids reactions lol

Seemed like Malik thought someone from our bench was telling him to foul since we had fouls to give. At least, that is the interpretation I heard from a couple of podcasts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Seemed like Malik thought someone from our bench was telling him to foul since we had fouls to give. At least, that is the interpretation I heard from a couple of podcasts.

Dude was about in tears... And yes he looked like he was telling the coaches " you told me to foul " 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Dude was about in tears... And yes he looked like he was telling the coaches " you told me to foul " 

The coaches were saying to foul, they just didn't mean Malik.

It was smart to use the fouls we had, Malik just has to not be stupid and realize he has four fouls. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The coaches were saying to foul, they just didn't mean Malik.

It was smart to use the fouls we had, Malik just has to not be stupid and realize he has four fouls. 

I mean he had to know he had 4 fouls when he decided to foul a guy the bench was saying to foul.  It just drives me crazy that every foul he gets feels like a personal attack to him.  He is flabbergasted. Astounded even.  Amazed and surprised at the same time.  In total shock.  Taken aback even.  Dumbfounded, rendered speechless, stunned and even staggered by the shear audacity of the call against him.  i think X teaches a class at IU on how to whine, complain and cry when a foul is called.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

I mean he had to know he had 4 fouls when he decided to foul a guy the bench was saying to foul.  It just drives me crazy that every foul he gets feels like a personal attack to him.  He is flabbergasted. Astounded even.  Amazed and surprised at the same time.  In total shock.  Taken aback even.  Dumbfounded, rendered speechless, stunned and even staggered by the shear audacity of the call against him.  i think X teaches a class at IU on how to whine, complain and cry when a foul is called.

And the vast majority of his fouls are easy calls, yet he still acts that way. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

In my 50 years of watching basketball…I’ve never seen a player grab or touch the ball after every freaking layup he makes 

The refs never give a delay of game warning ⚠️