IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

26 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I ran into Coach Marshall and his 2 boys getting a fountain drink at the gas station the other day. i had a masters golf tee shirt on and he started talking to me about golf. He never said who he was , what he did. just a nice guy talking to a stranger. I went to leave and said nice chatting with you coach, he smiled.

Clif only has one son. His son is blonde haired, 8-9 yrs old. Also has a daughter who is 12-13 years old. His son probably had a buddy with him. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My ex wife lives there and her church got destroyed in the storm. There were 3 people trapped in the church

Praying for all involved, but I remember times when they would stop church and tell everyone to go home and hunker down. My thoughts would be thanks, I guess I’ll go home to my tornado bait single wide trailer sitting on top of the hill?

@btownqb let's jump over here.  

"I disagree wholeheartedly. 

Devon avg 11p 6r on a 27-8 Houston team that lost by a point to 3 seed Michigan in the 2nd round. UM was runner-up that year. Davis had 17p 7r in that game. 

Emmit would have supplied a helluva lot of depth. Do you not remember the roster of Yogi's JR year? 

Hartman played the 5... of course those two would have helped A TON. Holt, Perea, Davis, Hartman can all coexist."

I couldn't remember exactly when and what happened with Davis.  He didn't even play the 14-15 nor 15-16 season anywhere.  He clearly healed up and put up really solid numbers on what finished as the 21st ranked team in 17-18.  But to the original point, "rosters don't get guys fired," which 9 times out of 10 is exactly why they are fired, every one of those guys is not a 5.  Holt was a non skilled power forward in the traditional sense.  Hartman was basically a slow 3.  Perea was a lanky 4.  And Davis, who came in as a three but clearly not sort of moved to a 4s role.  Sure they would have all provided Collin Hartman some help playing a position no one ever called him to but the point was flawed rosters. 

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

@btownqb let's jump over here.  

"I disagree wholeheartedly. 

Devon avg 11p 6r on a 27-8 Houston team that lost by a point to 3 seed Michigan in the 2nd round. UM was runner-up that year. Davis had 17p 7r in that game. 

Emmit would have supplied a helluva lot of depth. Do you not remember the roster of Yogi's JR year? 

Hartman played the 5... of course those two would have helped A TON. Holt, Perea, Davis, Hartman can all coexist."

I couldn't remember exactly when and what happened with Davis.  He didn't even play the 14-15 nor 15-16 season anywhere.  He clearly healed up and put up really solid numbers on what finished as the 21st ranked team in 17-18.  But to the original point, "rosters don't get guys fired," which 9 times out of 10 is exactly why they are fired, every one of those guys is not a 5.  Holt was a non skilled power forward in the traditional sense.  Hartman was basically a slow 3.  Perea was a lanky 4.  And Davis, who came in as a three but clearly not sort of moved to a 4s role.  Sure they would have all provided Collin Hartman some help playing a position no one ever called him to but the point was flawed rosters. 

Holt played the 5 for us as FR and had a stupid rebounding rate. 

Perea was a 5 

Davis was a college 4

The other underrated part of those two games was how many extra possessions they would have created because they were both good Orebs. 

I don't really see flawed rosters from Crean, other than the season we discussed. And if those two were on the roster, while we still weren't the tallest team to ever walk the earth.... those two HAMMER the glass. Is there another example of a "flawed" roster? 

But remember... that group wouldn't have had Holt, they would have had Fischer had he not transferred. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Holt played the 5 for us as FR and had a stupid rebounding rate. 

Perea was a 5 

Davis was a college 4

The other underrated part of those two games was how many extra possessions they would have created because they were both good Orebs. 

I don't really see flawed rosters from Crean, other than the season we discussed. And if those two were on the roster, while we still weren't the tallest team to ever walk the earth.... those two HAMMER the glass. Is there another example of a "flawed" roster? 

But remember... that group wouldn't have had Holt, they would have had Fischer had he not transferred. 

As you reminded us, Hartman was playing the 5.  We can tit for tat over positions.  When Hartman is your 5, you have a flawed roster.  If we can't agree on those simple terms, that's fine with me.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

As you reminded us, Hartman was playing the 5.  We can tit for tat over positions.  When Hartman is your 5, you have a flawed roster.  If we can't agree on those simple terms, that's fine with me.  

I agree and he wouldn't have played the 5 if you had those two on the roster. 

I said that was a flawed roster, it basically wouldn't have been had a combo of Holt/Davis or Davis/Fischer were on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree and he wouldn't have played the 5 if you had those two on the roster. 

I said that was a flawed roster, it basically wouldn't have been had a combo of Holt/Davis or Davis/Fischer were on the roster. 

Let's not forget that was the year Crean let Tim Priller start eating 4 years of a scholarship at IU.  

And Jeremiah April got his 17 minutes of D 1 basketball.  

It wasn't a fun season, but I'm still always sad to see each one go. Anyone who's been on a team in high school or college knows those years are fleeting. This group of guys will never be together again, and say what you will about how they played as a team, I never thought they weren't trying to win the best way they knew how. For some they've played their last game at this level. There's always sorrow in parting, and that's the feeling I'm left with at the end of every season. 

• Like 6

Although through most of the year i really didn't care at all if we won or lost and didn't watch the last half of the seasons games, last night just hurt.  Watching Nebraska's overall play was something beautiful.  Watching IU slowly give up and accept defeat was hurtful.  Watching our Coach get ejected in a game where i truly thought we were getting the benefit of the whistles/non-whistles and then watching him just turn and walk away.  No comments to the staff, the team or the fans.  Just walked away. As @Maedhros said, its always a sad thing when the season is over.  Much more so when i don't feel we'll be much better next year. 

There is always next year.  Or the year after.  Or the year after that. 

Go Hoosiers.  Enjoy the Tournament, your spring and Summer.  Lets hope next fall starts something new and good.   

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

I feel for this kid. Get your head out your @ss Dolson and getbtgia program in a better place. These kids deserve better.

Wow I feel so bad for him and all the players who care! Want the best for each of them as individuals and for the team as a whole! Praying for clarity.

• Like 4