IUBB '24/‘25

DC2345

I think having 4 guys in Perkins, Walker, Cupps, and Galloway that can run the offense is ideal because Woodson can have 2 of the 4 on the floor at almost all times. Cupps is clearly number 4 and would see a smaller role but I think that will be good for him to grow behind those guys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Bradshaw fits well. Do you have any info on him, outside of you think he'll get in the portal?

I think he fits better with MR than Kel'el. I don't think he'd have to start, though. 

This is actually a pretty good start to the portal season, we just have to finish now. 

He's a 50/50 guy on entering the portal. I think he will and IU will have interest in him. I like him as a rim running lob threat that's over 7'0 foot tall. 

Just now, DC2345 said:

He's a 50/50 guy on entering the portal. I think he will and IU will have interest in him. I like him as a rim running lob threat that's over 7'0 foot tall. 

Uhhh yeah. There is so much to like there. 

Doesn't score on the block, at all, rim runner/rim protector. Way better athlete than Kel'el, overall, but not QUITE as physically gifted. Shot doesn't look bad at all. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

And honestly, if you're Bradshaw... aren't you giving us a long look before you turn us down, with what we LITERALLY just did with Ware? 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And honestly, if you're Bradshaw... aren't you giving us a long look before you turn us down, with what we LITERALLY just did with Ware? 

Absolutely

Since John Calipari's first season as Kentucky's coach in 2009-10, he's had 11 players return for their sophomore season who then entered the subsequent NBA draft.

The track record isn't good.

The Wildcats have had more sophomores go undrafted (four: Isaiah Briscoe, Ashton Hagans, Aaron Harrison and EJ Montgomery) than develop into first-round picks (three: Terrence Jones, Immanuel Quickley and P.J. Washington). The remaining quartet — Andrew Harrison, Dakari Johnson, Doron Lamb and Tyler Ulis — heard their names called in the second round of their respective drafts.

That group doesn't even include Wildcats who returned for their sophomore seasons and then transferred elsewhere for Year 3 (Keion Brooks Jr. and Daimion Collins, who are playing at Washington and LSU, respectively) or those who decided to remain in Lexington even longer (Willie Cauley-Stein and Nick Richards played three seasons under Calipari before turning pro).
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

That and he knows Mgbako pretty well. They are from the same part of New Jersey.

• Like 4

I think, which doesn’t amount to a hill of beans IU needs shooters no doubt. However I think every bit as important IU needs players that can get their own when needed! Someone who you put the ball in their hands with 5 seconds left down 1. Mr Tucker might be part of fulfilling that need! Go IU!

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I noticed this as well. I wonder what happened here? 

If I was guessing he go offered a full time gig that he will start once he is done with his grad program. Otherwise he likely would’ve went to Michigan. 

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

If I was guessing he go offered a full time gig that he will start once he is done with his grad program. Otherwise he likely would’ve went to Michigan. 

Yeah, that's what I would guess as well. Because he really did update his entire Twitter profile. So IU must have countered. 

• Thanks 1

I’m just excited to see this team run by a new point guard. XJ had some moments but they were too few and far between. Hoping we add a dynamic guard in the portal and we get to see how this horse runs with a new jockey sitting a top.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...