Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

On 4/11/2024 at 1:35 PM, Indykev said:

there will be few at this game. thursday of little 500 weekend, 8pm. parties blowing up at 9.

I ask around a dozen kids yesterday if they were going to the spring game just for the fun of it. Everyone had the same response, WHAT GAME? And then a quick, no its Little 5 week, there are parties to go to. I hope they get a lot to go but the date is looking like a bust.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saying... our "weak OL" is exponentially more showcased because we play in the BEST division (or did) in football for front 7s. OSU/UM are flat-out elite and only Bama+UGA are comparable. PSU is top 6 throughout the years, and MSU is WAY up there. 

If we played in the ACC Atlantic division, our OL would have looked quite a bit better over the past 5 years. 

Not an excuse, just a fact. 

21 hours ago, iuswingman said:

Curt-Cignetti.jpg?fit=801%2C535&ssl=1

...still wearing those Asics! lol

In all seriousness, there is definitely something new and different about this coach and what he is trying to establish EARLY here. He can to Indiana to win RIGHT NOW! I love that about him. He has the "pelotas" actually get this thing done. He thrives on adversity and challenges. I think his biggest driving force here at Indiana is hearing people on the outside saying it can't be done here. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that when IU becomes successful and on a consistent level, we will definitely need to throw more money at Coach Cignetti and Co., because others will be knocking at the door.

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Curt-Cignetti.jpg?fit=801%2C535&ssl=1

...still wearing those Asics! lol

In all seriousness, there is definitely something new and different about this coach and what he is trying to establish EARLY here. He can to Indiana to win RIGHT NOW! I love that about him. He has the "pelotas" actually get this thing done. He thrives on adversity and challenges. I think his biggest driving force here at Indiana is hearing people on the outside saying it can't be done here. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that when IU becomes successful and on a consistent level, we will definitely need to throw more money at Coach Cignetti and Co., because others will be knocking at the door.

In the event that CC is successful, his age might help us in retention.  It will probably take 3 years of success to get attention that he has it turned around and he'll be 65 by then.  

Hopefully he turns it around, stays til he retires and one of his coordinators is worthy of taking over the reigns.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 4