Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

He's a good coach, and imo, getting hired by the current KU staff shows that. They are a solid program currently. I met him at an IU camp when we took our guys there about 3-4 years ago. I know players loved him. 

It was also known he wasn't being retained. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

He's a good coach, and imo, getting hired by the current KU staff shows that. They are a solid program currently. I met him at an IU camp when we took our guys there about 3-4 years ago. I know players loved him. 

It was also known he wasn't being retained. 

Glad he got hired on somewhere.

On 3/16/2024 at 5:39 PM, Indykev said:

They moved more port-o-lets into the tailgate fields then a reg. Home game. Must think they are getting a huge crowd for the spring game the Thursday of Little 500 week. 

Or they're just figuring the Little5 crowd will come stumbling by at some point. 😂

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

It will be interesting to see how many people bolt after the spring game. 

.... it could be bittersweet, because there could be a possibility of players we love in this group. Coach Cignetti is not going to change for players when his "system" has worked, (at least everywhere he has been up until now).

Edited by Artesian_86

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

If they can't handle being called out publicly like that, are they really that big of a loss?

Not at all. I am ok with coaches calling out guys or the team etc. CTA did a little too much ass kissing of the better players. I am not saying you have to degrade players etc, but there seemed to be a bit of entitlement because of a couple of decent seasons. 

1 minute ago, Artesian_86 said:

....though it could be bittersweet, because there could be a possibility of players we love in this group. Coach Cignetti is not going to change for players when his "system" has worked, (at least everywhere he has been up until now).

I agree with this too. But it seems like his system should benefit both the offense and defense based on what I know (not a lot but what I've read and watched). 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not at all. I am ok with coaches calling out guys or the team etc. CTA did a little too much ass kissing of the better players. I am not saying you have to degrade players etc, but there seemed to be a bit of entitlement because of a couple of decent seasons. 

To me this was the perfect "shot across the bow" so to speak.  Cig didn't single anyone out, didn't call out any specific behaviors, but basically said there's a lot of people that need a cranial-rectal extraction. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

To me this was the perfect "shot across the bow" so to speak.  Cig didn't single anyone out, didn't call out any specific behaviors, but basically said there's a lot of people that need a cranial-rectal extraction. 

The shot across the bow and the end of the road for me last season was when a player from OSU said we were a good/bowl team. And then we did what we did. We've had the talent outside of the injury wrecked season(s), we didn't have much else going on. I am glad we've seemingly finally got a guy who will if nothing else give us an identity. 

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

The shot across the bow and the end of the road for me last season was when a player from OSU said we were a good/bowl team. And then we did what we did. We've had the talent outside of the injury wrecked season(s), we didn't have much else going on. I am glad we've seemingly finally got a guy who will if nothing else give us an identity. 

Well, sometimes you need a pat on the back, and sometimes you need a kick in the ass.  Good coaches can shift between the two.  Allen's big weakness was doing too much of the former and not enough of the latter.

• Like 1

I liked CTA as a person and I think he wanted very badly to succeed here, but everything I've read or heard since CCC has been here suggests that he was in way over his head. Wanting to get it done is nothing compared to having a plan to get it done. I have no idea what our record will be this year, but I am absolutely convinced we will be a significantly better football team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I’d pay to be in the room when a player asked him, “what about LEO?

“If you mean Durocher, he’s dead and the other one…yeah, it’s dead too.”  I could hear CCC saying something akin to that.

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

IMG_6388.thumb.png.0c23d2190a620cd4fee19d0528a5845b.png

I wonder how Adidas feels about Coach Cignetti wearing Asics Tigers? Lol

Coach is a genius. That’s probably the fastest way to wind up with a dozen new pairs of adidas shoes on your doorstep tomorrow morning. 😂

• Like 1