Curt Cignetti Hired as Indiana Head Coach

KDB

On 1/26/2024 at 8:19 AM, BobSaccamanno said:

Seems like a very smart idea to get some buzz and to coordinate with Little 5.  That is a huge advantage on our campus that is smart to tap into.    

There will be a lot of buzzed around little 5. Beer will be the only thing tapped into. :coffee:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cignetti doing his media today for the first time in awhile. No clue what translates to the field but I haven't felt this away about our Head Coach since Hep. 

It might just be the homer in me, but I’m fully convinced this guy is going to find a way to win here. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

It might just be the homer in me, but I’m fully convinced this guy is going to find a way to win here. 

I came from a football town more than hoops in Illinois. Nothing would give me more happiness. This guy has some bravado and I'm all about it. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Love the use of the word "violent" in relation to football.  

As impressive as CCC is, a big part of it is his staff.  CCC knows what he wants everywhere but he also knows the importance of the staff.  Top to bottom, this seems like a very well thought out staff.  I have been watching the interviews and he relies on them but he also has a hand in things.

It's interesting that CCC is in his 60's yet he has a staff of young, energetic, smart guys.  Not a bunch of guys his age who are his cronies.  Top to bottom he has developed an impressive coaching staff working in concert.  And I love his loyalty to his staff.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 4

If you haven’t already been listening to it, check out the IU football Under the Hood series with Rhett Lewis. He has been doing 12-15 minute interviews with the staff Cig brought in. It is fantastic. Listening to these guys gives you so much confidence about the future of the program. They scream competence with the way they answer questions and talk about what they are doing. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

If you haven’t already been listening to it, check out the IU football Under the Hood series with Rhett Lewis. He has been doing 12-15 minute interviews with the staff Cig brought in. It is fantastic. Listening to these guys gives you so much confidence about the future of the program. They scream competence with the way they answer questions and talk about what they are doing. 

On 2/14/2024 at 12:28 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Love the use of the word "violent" in relation to football.  

As impressive as CCC is, a big part of it is his staff.  CCC knows what he wants everywhere but he also knows the importance of the staff.  Top to bottom, this seems like a very well thought out staff.  I have been watching the interviews and he relies on them but he also has a hand in things.

It's interesting that CCC is in his 60's yet he has a staff of young, energetic, smart guys.  Not a bunch of guys his age who are his cronies.  Top to bottom he has developed an impressive coaching staff working in concert.  And I love his loyalty to his staff.

That's why in this instance I'm more comfortable hiring a 62 year old coach. Good chance there is a successor in that bunch. Hopefully many years away, but it still gives comfort. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I have seen most if them. They are a very confident group 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...