Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

You were spot on about Cupps in the Game Thread. We were only down 2 at half because of the D Cupps was playing. 

I watched Dug take over the game at Oregon. He never got going and you could see him visibly frustrated with Cupps. CJ and Gallo also chipped in on him. Cupps is growing into that Aaron Craft role

• Like 6

Love a road B1G win!

I was really worried we’d lose that despite a great effort from the bench, Malik and Trey just weren’t good enough for a lot of the game but both of them came up huge down the stretch.

CJG and AW in particular off of the bench were great, but Banks and Sparks had really strong efforts too.

Ware was a tad quiet but solid most of the night but then obviously made the key plays in the last minute.

We have to find a way to make more threes and stop giving up so many opens threes, but man this team can score inside. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Reacher said:

We didn't need OT to beat them and got the win on their home court. Hopefully a quad 1 win for us and a quad 2 win for Oregon. 

Currently it is a Q2 win I believe.  What is really dragging our NET down at the moment is Maryland and Louisville.  Two P5 name brand teams that are currently only Q4 wins.

7 hours ago, Reacher said:

Announcers never gave much credit to the defense of our 3 guards on Dug McDaniel either. Said he had an off night. Maybe our defense had something to do with that! 

"Dugie Fresh" as Bardo kept calling him, isn't used to kids that can stay in front of him... You could see the frustration in his face...

Gabe is gonna have problems with bigger, stronger guards, but he's made to order for the smaller, quicker guys... 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

Galloway has struggled all season with his three point shot. Many of them are challenged or at least he looks rushed. Last season he benefitted from the attention JHS was getting and TJDs ability to find open shooters. It's not the same this season. 

i think part of the key there was how well JHS created for himself and in turn his teammates.  we are definitely missing that.  he was a dual threat and hard to defend because of it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i think part of the key there was how well JHS created for himself and in turn his teammates.  we are definitely missing that.  he was a dual threat and hard to defend because of it.  

You have been critical of X all along, but what you mentioned about JHS are similar skills that X brings. He just needs to be more disciplined and in control. Not as refined as JHS but he has improved while here. If he continues to do so, he can provide similar attributes to this team.

• Like 2

Did not watch. 

Big win for this team on the road to instill confidence, build more buy in to what CMW is teaching, and create momentum going into these next two tough games. People were saying they’d be happy with a split of these 4 tougher tests. We’re there, and most importantly we won the two conference games. No reason that they can’t beat Auburn.

As I said, big win for this team, but…

Looking forward to returning to the day that these types of games aren’t “big wins” but instead are just business as usual.

• Like 2

I’ve been hard on him but Gotta to give Gunn credit on this one. He played hard on defense and hit a couple of shots. I hope he can build off this game. 

Hoping X gets back healthy…thought we were overmatched at times on the perimeter. 

overall, impressive W.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3