Auburn Post Game

Inequality

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

As long as we win who cares about the other stuff

We haven’t won, that’s the problem.

Year 1: Miracle run to make the First Four, absolutely embarrassed in the opening round.

Year 2: Best player in 30 years and a lottery pick point guard, embarrassed first weekend.

Year 3: Embarrassed by the only two teams with a pulse we’ve played, probably won’t make the tournament.

Where are the wins you’re talking about?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Effort was the #1 factor in the game.  And, the #2.  And #3, etc.  

IU needs to show more pride.  They were not going to win the game as well as Auburn played.  But, it could have easily been a 10-12 point game with better effort.

And, I’d like to see more fouls by Ware. Then, it would show he has some fire 🔥 in him.   He could be a bigger force than he is showing 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

He sat most of the first half with two fouls. What a stupid decision that was.

I know I’m not qualified to question anything Woodson does, so I’ll let the guys with crimson glasses try to justify that decision to me. 

No justification for that, who said you can't question but it are the ones saying Woodson shouldn't be the coach that people have a problem with.

3 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

I said it in the game thread and I’ll say it here.  Until Woodson decides to shrink the rotation to 7 or 8 and make guys earn their playing time, nothing will change. He also needs to be more strategic with when he subs.  Swapping 4 or 5 out at a time, especially when you have momentum is simply ignorant.  Crean and Archie level stuff.

Yep , his subbing patterns caused them any chance at this game. Came out very strong and as soon as he put the second guys in, en masse, all momentum was lost.

Horrible all around but I put this one on CMW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Indykev said:

We just lost to a team that just lost to Appalachian St. and by 26. You rose colored glass wearing fans think we will beat KU next week? Come on. WE HAVE NO GUARDS THAT CAN SHOOT!!! When teams start making 3's we have no answer to that. B.Pearl in the pre-game said IU was a tournament team and maybe good enough to make the 2nd weekend. I think he over rated us.

I watched Kansas struggle to beat Eastern Illinois at the Phog last week.  Tie game under 4 minutes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kdug said:

I’m not an expert on X’s and O’s. But Woodson has made the tourney 2 out of 2 times, with a top 4 seed one of those times. We’ve also recruited at a way higher level. Woodson isn’t the best college coach, but it’s night and day vs Archie.

Yes, because of the talent. We aren’t playing in a way conducive to getting where we all want to go.

Its on Woodson to adjust that. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like another day of the big ten struggling against top teams. I just turned it on UW vs Arizona and Arizona is up 59-38. Purdue ended up winning but the others hasn't looked great

That’s awful for us. We have terrible metrics and it’s going to be really hard to raise them in a bad conference. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We haven’t won, that’s the problem.

Year 1: Miracle run to make the First Four, absolutely embarrassed in the opening round.

Year 2: Best player in 30 years and a lottery pick point guard, embarrassed first weekend.

Year 3: Embarrassed by the only two teams with a pulse we’ve played, probably won’t make the tournament.

Where are the wins you’re talking about?

You asked the difference between Woodson and the Archie era and we showed you. I never said it is good enough but  so far better than Archie ever did. Also why freak out so early about this season is beyond me

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No justification for that, who said you can't question but it are the ones saying Woodson shouldn't be the coach that people have a problem with.

I don’t think anyone has been saying that yet, but I got lectured all week about how I can’t question Woodson because he knows more about basketball than me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Who has said Woodson shouldn’t be the coach? I don’t think anybody has said that and if someone did, so be it…I would disagree, but it’s their opinion. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

You asked the difference between Woodson and the Archie era and we showed you. I never said it is good enough but  so far better than Archie ever did. Also why freak out so early about this season is beyond me

I said aside from talent, you didn’t answer that. I’m talking about what we do on both ends - if you can’t have a conversation about the schemes we are running it’s fine, just don’t answer. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think anyone has been saying that yet, but I got lectured all week about how I can’t question Woodson because he knows more about basketball than me. 

He does know more than all of us and yes there have been people saying that he shouldn't be the coach

Edited by IU Scott

Just now, BGleas said:

Yeah, if we lose to Kansas then we're probably going to need to finish top 3-4 in conference to make the Tournament. 

I saw a thread somewhere saying the early hole we’ve dug with NET, KenPom, etc don’t matter though.

We could easily miss the tournament and be over .500 in conference if we don’t beat Kansas. 

Here is my Top 7 that should get all the minutes vs Kansas.

XJ, Cupps, Galloway, Ware, Reneau, Walker, Mgbako (very, very hesitant on that one - Plays no D).  If XJ can’t go then Gunn or Leal depending on who has a better week of practice.  I would not waver from this unless injury or foul trouble dictated I had to.  I would have this 7 man approach every game and who is in it would be driven by practice performance.  Guys will buy in or sit/leave.