Auburn Post Game

Inequality

They already close the game thread lol.

I really haven’t seen any overreaction though based on how this game has gone. Maybe I haven’t read all comments

Terrible game all around. Missing XJ but larger issues than just him being out. Need to figure out our offense and find more defense to play tough against Kansas

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1

I’m going to restate my last comment from the game thread. Obviously a disappointing performance. I felt like we only competed for 10 minutes. At least vs Uconn we competed for 30.

On the other hand, we’re coming off two solid performances vs big ten teams. So hopefully this is just part of the learning process.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

They already close the game thread lol.

I really haven’t seen any overreaction though based on how this game has gone. Maybe I haven’t read all comments

Terrible game all around. Missing XJ but larger issues than just him being out. Need to figure out our offense and find more defense to play tough against Kansas

For the most part I thought the comments were fair. I did see one post saying Woodson is the same as Archie and shouldn’t have the job, which is absurd based on what he’s done so far.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

I’m going to restate my last comment from the game thread. Obviously a disappointing performance. I felt like we only competed for 10 minutes. At least vs Uconn we competed for 30.

On the other hand, we’re coming off two solid performances vs big ten teams. So hopefully this is just part of the learning process.

I agree and additionally you had 5 players questionable, 4 of which were due to sickness so who knows how much that played a role?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kdug said:

From the second half of Louisville until this game we looked better, but none of those four teams will sniff the tournament.

This team has its work cut out for them. Would love to see more fire starting at the top. 

• Like 2

Just so I throw it in here as well. 

Here's my contribution to the post game thread. We beat Kansas next week. Just a bad day at the office. Kudos to Auburn. With Trey out early with foul trouble, no Xavier.....they took advantage of our weakest link. It's one game.

Get the kids home. Grab their attention a little bit this week and I expect a much better version next Saturday. No need for the doom and gloom. It was an a-- kicking. That's it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

We looked like a jv team after leading 16-6. Still do

Was leading 22-10 but after that everything fell apart. Not saying the seasons will play out the same. In 1989 we gave up over 100 points 3 times which were the first 3 times a RMK teams had given up 100 points. Everything looked bleak because we couldn't beat the top teams UNC, Syracuse and UL. That team ended up winning the big ten despite the big ten being great that year.

6 minutes ago, Kdug said:

For the most part I thought the comments were fair. I did see one post saying Woodson is the same as Archie and shouldn’t have the job, which is absurd based on what he’s done so far.

I didn’t make that comment, but playing devils advocate, what is different about how we play under Woodson as opposed to Archie?

The talent is better under Woodson, but what’s different about the brand of basketball?

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1