Auburn Post Game

Inequality

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Bruce Pearl makes Auburn a serious "player" in the SEC and nationally.

"Auburn coach Bruce Pearl has an enormous amount of respect for the "blueblood Indiana basketball program,'' and he would have loved to coach there. “Indiana was my dream job, it really was. I love everything about Indiana basketball. The timing was never right, I suppose. Nothing ever really aligned, but it would have been a dream come true to coach Indiana. That's how much I love and respect that program.''

Pearl has his issues, but he would have crawled on his knees to coach the Hoosiers. A former co-worker was at a Butler game when Pearl was at Hinkle with UW - Milwaukee. The co-worker yelled, "hey Bruce how about coaching the Hoosiers?". Pearl replied, "from your mouth to God's ears". 

Edited by 13th&Jackson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:
"Auburn coach Bruce Pearl has an enormous amount of respect for the "blueblood Indiana basketball program,'' and he would have loved to coach there. “Indiana was my dream job, it really was. I love everything about Indiana basketball. The timing was never right, I suppose. Nothing ever really aligned, but it would have been a dream come true to coach Indiana. That's how much I love and respect that program.''

Pearl has his issues, but he would have crawled on his knees to coach the Hoosiers. A former co-worker was at a Butler game when Pearl was at Hinkle with UW - Milwaukee. The co-worker yelled, "hey Bruce how about coaching the Hoosiers?". Pearl replied, "from your mouth to God's ears". 

This times a 1,000!! My reason for Pearl was due to selfish reasons as folks down here in southern Indiana still remember the national championship he brought to USI!!

I know some on this board didn't want him because of his "baggage", but the guy wins wherever he goes Plus I like his in game spirit....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I always feel TG is an off the bench guy who can give you a solid 10 minutes per half and can do what he does.  he just doesn't have starter offensive skills that lead to good things.  Unless he is attacking the basket, which it feels like he only does late in games.  

Ideally Galloway is your 7th man but we don't have that luxury 

• Like 1

Still think the big ten coaches as a whole need to really think long and hard about changing the style of play.  You look at teams from the SEC and the big 12 and it isn't even close to what you see in the big ten.  First the guard play and wing players is so much better plus they are way more athletic. I know we don't always like Rabjohn but he has stated a lot that top recruits don't want to play in the big ten because of the style. Coach Woodson might want to play differently but might not be able to get the type of players needed for that style. It could also be because of the style that Woodson plays

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Oh Lord...

What was XJ to do? Go out and put his walking boot in Cardwell's ass? Trey was on the bench...So our senior leadership wasn't on the floor...

I honestly thought maybe Woody should put Sparks back in and tell him "no holds barred." 

That aside, I understand this as your thinly veiled defense of your boy @Stlboiler23...I'd prefer you go play somewhere else...

Less than 10 games in and Trey has his role not only defending the opponents best guard/wing....he's asked to spend the same energy bringing the ball up. Cashed at both ends. Xavier's absence is a glaring problem on multiple fronts. Just not sure why it's so hard to see. 

Almost like when we lost early last year in January with TJD, Race, and others being hurt it impacted with win/loss column? Strange stuff.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think that sentiment is true of more big time names in coaching than some of our fans want to acknowledge.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Less than 10 games in and Trey has his role not only defending the opponents best guard/wing....he's asked to spend the same energy bringing the ball up. Cashed at both ends. Xavier's absence is a glaring problem on multiple fronts. Just not sure why it's so hard to see. 

Almost like when we lost early last year in January with TJD, Race, and others being hurt it impacted with win/loss column? Strange stuff.

Sorry… our two losses are by a combined 52 points and we were fully healthy for one of them. You’re blaming the bad play thus far on injuries?

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

The only school in the country affected by fans. 😂

I was doing an off season check of the IndyCar forum I read while I had some time to kill earlier today. I don’t know if you follow that sport or not, but it has some issues. In one of the threads discussing one of those issues a poster blamed the woes of the sport on, you guessed it, the fans.  I guess we have a ways to go. Those fans are taking down an entire sport. We just have the blood of one team on our hands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

This answer doesn’t shout confidence. It would be nice if CMW gave some concrete answers as opposed to this or the typical “I got to get ‘em over the hump.”

977AB191-7412-4B48-B584-19EC40D050CF.jpeg

Somebody needs to email a link to this (and a few other) thread(s), then Woody would know! 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Somebody needs to email a link to this (and a few other) thread(s), then Woody would know! 

It is pretty amazing that has a basketball IQ so high that no one on this board can question anything he does could be left without an answer.... and yet every single other D1 team has figured out three pointers at least better than we have to this point in the season.

Are we sure the KenPom 'luck' metric is correct? Seems like we must be the most unlucky team in the land. 

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

It is pretty amazing that has a basketball IQ so high that no one on this board can question anything he does could be left without an answer.... and yet every single other D1 team has figured out three pointers at least better than we have to this point in the season.

Are we sure the KenPom 'luck' metric is correct? Seems like we must be the most unlucky team in the land. 

I think the answer was posted earlier in the Kansas pre-game.  We need to tighten up the rotations.  The only time we should ever see those hockey substitutions are against the Army and FGCU's of the world.  Right now Ware, Reneau, Galloway, and Cupps should be getting 30 to 32 minutes a piece when we play tournament quality teams like Connecticut, Auburn, Kansas, and Michigan (and probably Louisville and Maryland too although they haven't been very good).

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Like 1