PU @ IU Game thread

Reacher

I'll premise this by saying I had to listen to the radio broadcast the first 16 minutes.  

That said, I agree with @BGleas.  The officials royally screwed IU.  No, IU wasn't going to be ahead in this game the way they shot the ball.  But, the officials totally took IU out of the game with the early 7-1 foul discrepancy.  Even if the fouls afterwards were even, the early foul flurry set the tone for the game.  There is NO good reason for that kind of discrepancy.  It is either intentionally favoring the better team, or it's an embarrassing level of incompetence.

If IU has not shaved 6-8 points off the score in the first 5 minutes of the half, Coach Woodson needs to hit Francon1.   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The only thing consistent about this team is how inconsistent we are. Literally can’t string two good games together in a row. That’s only slightly better than under Archie who couldn’t string two good halves together. It’s going to be a long season…kinda predicted that given what we lost and all the new faces this year…but man this team is just not balanced nor do they seem together…they don’t seem to communicate on defense at all.

We’ve been consistently a bad team all year. There hasn’t been anything anyone could point to to say otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Totally embarrassing by the team and the refs. Woodson has to realize you don't sit guys just because you have two fouls. You have to read what is going on in the game.

Woodson’s subbing is atrocious. This time it’s believing you have 2 fouls and sitting out rest of half.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'll premise this by saying I had to listen to the radio broadcast the first 16 minutes.  

That said, I agree with @BGleas.  The officials royally screwed IU.  No, IU wasn't going to be ahead in this game the way they shot the ball.  But, the officials totally took IU out of the game with the early 7-1 foul discrepancy.  Even if the fouls afterwards were even, the early foul flurry set the tone for the game.  There is NO good reason for that kind of discrepancy.  It is either intentionally favoring the better team, or it's an embarrassing level of incompetence.

If IU has not shaved 6-8 points off the score in the first 5 minutes of the half, Coach Woodson needs to hit Francon1.   

How about 5 points in 60 seconds?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Great post, and not just because you agreed with me 🤣.

I also have no doubt that when it's completely too late that the refs will find a way to balance the fouls so it "looks even". 

But they 10000% dictated the outcome of this game. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Early part of this half just highlights even more how the officials decided this game. 

We're in this if they hadn't completely erased Mgbako and Ware. 

Yes but they shouldn’t have sat that long regardless. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

honestly seems like the officials are making an effort to call fouls on Purdouche this half

Haha I was just thinking that. Ware could have 7 fouls if they called it the same but they’re swallowing their whistles now 

• Like 1