Wisconsin post game thread

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Excuse me?!?!

How about, “Gunn lost his composure and made a terrible decision. It was selfish and he put himself before his team. It’s inexcusable and I’m embarrassed by the recent actions of our players and how they’ve represented this university. I apologize to Rutgers, Wisconsin, and our fans.”

FECD82E2-0CAF-4E02-94F3-5C7F374A4065.png

cant say what you dont mean.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Excuse me?!?!

How about, “Gunn lost his composure and made a terrible decision. It was selfish and he put himself before his team. It’s inexcusable and I’m embarrassed by the recent actions of our players and how they’ve represented this university. I apologize to Rutgers, Wisconsin, and our fans.”

Woody seems to NOT have the sense to discipline players’ selfish actions.  Should be no surprise I guess, his team usually plays without discipline.  

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Agreed, but what is he going to sell to recruits other than playing time and NIL $$$?

Maybe that’s enough for some guys. Certainly can’t make any promises about a long tournament run and the visibility that comes with it 

NIL is what he has. Which really makes no since why we have an open scholly.

1 minute ago, IUKane21 said:

CJ Gunn was one of the best shooters in IN HS basketball but now he gets high all the time. 

His frozen expression while giving the obvious cheap shot was telling.  Simply a dumb play.  It wasn’t even well executed.   

I’m embarrassed.

Not because we have lost some games, but because we are the dirty team.

Because we play stupid basketball. And I don’t just mean on-court decision making, I mean our schemes are stupid.

Our refusal to use information to make good decisions - decisions about lineups, about what shots to take, about how to defend.

Flat out embarrassing. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, John S said:

His frozen expression while giving the obvious cheap shot was telling.  Simply a dumb play.  It wasn’t even well executed.   

I've ran that back 4 or 5 times now. I might have went with the closed fist. The dude isnt going to run his head into my chest once, let a lone twice and say something while doing it. NOT going to happen. I dont think CJ belongs here but let up on this one. Kid was trying to punk him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I've ran that back 4 or 5 times now. I might have went with the closed fist. The dude isnt going to run his head into my chest once, let a lone twice and say something while doing it. NOT going to happen. I dont think CJ belongs here but let up on this one. Kid was trying to punk him.

Exactly! Then he puts his head on his shoulder. That was a hold my beer x moment.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

And just let her cry if the tears fall down like rain
Let her sing if it eases all her pain
Let her go, let her walk right out on me
And if the sun comes up tomorrow, let her be, let her be

Little did they know when writing that, the drummer would bang the bass players wife and give real meaning to the song. lol.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

But that is the totality of wisky ball, bad davison is a dirty SOB.

• Like 1

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

But that is the totality of wisky ball, bad davison is a dirty SOB.

We shouldn’t be calling anyone dirty right now. We are the epitome of all the little jokes we like to make about other players being dirty or other chances not being good. 

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Excuse me?!?!

I get it the elbow wasn't hard the elbow was stupid but didn't really in certain ways raise to the level of a flagrant 2 let alone the Wisky guy was literally egging him on with that taunting and they get away with elbows like that all the time. That should have been called as well. This though should not have happened. He shouldn't have thrown an elbow. He should have thought ok you want to do that let me bust some threes in your face. What he did was he didn't allow his playing to dictate the outcome he let his emotions get the better of him and dictate the outcome. He allowed himself to be undisciplined. That is inexcusable and for Woody to stand up for that is even more inexcusable. Where was the tough talk to holding them to higher standards. 

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Kid did punk him. The kid got the response he was looking for. The he knew he would get. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1