Wisconsin post game thread

5 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

"In my 51 years behind this microphone I will say something that I've never said before: I'm embarrassed for this team, and it has nothing to do with the score."
- Don Fischer 

I am sure  CJ is a good kid and I put this as a reflection of the program.  The players need to be taught discipline.  They need to be taught that the jersey they wear means something.  They need to be taught that they represent themselves, their family, their school, their state.  The impression of the program is crystal clear.  Ejections. Flagrant fouls. Etc.  

I think CJ is a good kid who made a mistake and it’s more a reflection of the program.  It is out of control.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Questions for Coach:

1.  What was the thought about doubling the post when they get going fron 3?

2.  When Klesmit got hot, what was the strategy to adjust to that?

3.  What’s your opinion on your guys frequently shooting long two’s even to the point where their heel is on the three point line?

4.  Why have you had two ejections and several flagrant fouls the past few games?   

5.  What are you doing to instill the IU culture you grew up in?

6.  What’s your opinion of the team’s ball movement?

None of the guys who are IU beat writers have the balls to ask those questions. Plus as we’ve seen recently, he will just refuse to answer a question he doesn’t like. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I am sure  CJ is a good kid and I put this as a reflection of the program.  The players need to be taught discipline.  They need to be taught that the jersey they wear means something.  They need to be taught that they represent themselves, their family, their school, their state.  The impression of the program is crystal clear.  Ejections. Flagrant fouls. Etc.  

I think CJ is a good kid who made a mistake and it’s more a reflection of the program.  It is out of control.  

Whoa, CJ didn' do anything that Wisky doesn't do nearly every play. The sad part was that it was a weak ass attmempt that the wisky player should be nominated for an oscar for. We can't even be bad boys properly. I mean who half asses a F2?  IU, that's who.

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Lots of the regular posters not on the game thread. Don’t blame you a bit.Wonder your thoughts though 

Same crap, different day.  I said the season was basically already over a few games ago.  We are just going through the motions now.

The game was a microcosm of everything that hasn't gone right with this program for years and those problems go back before Woodson.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Questions for Coach:

3.  What’s your opinion on your guys frequently shooting long two’s even to the point where their heel is on the three point line?

4.  Why have you had two ejections and several flagrant fouls the past few games?   

Sadly even simpler:

1) what do you think your teams’ identity is?

2) what do you think your team is good at? What do you think they are bad at? 

4) How do you plan to turn the season around and keep fans optimistic about next season? 

5) Do you think you’ve done a good job coaching this team? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Questions for Coach:

Elbow him in the face. 

Off the top of my head:

guyton, Wright, Gordon, hulls, Calbert, Alford, Evans, yogi, Blackmon, Coverdale, Bailey, Edwards, G Graham, P Graham, Smart, Isiah, Hornsby, vaden,…fuck, even Fife. 

I’m sure there are a bunch I’ve missed. 

This program was built around shooters.  Woody, don’t over think this. 

Edited by IUKane21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I mentioned this in the game thread but frankly the biggest takeaway for me was Robbie Hummel commenting on Gunn’s flagrant. You could hear in his voice genuine hurt and frustration. That’s super telling to me about the state of our program when an alumnus from our rival school is saddened with how this season has turned out and the idea that a rabid passionate fan base is rapidly turning apathetic about something they’ve loved so dearly.

• Like 6

Excuse me?!?!

How about, “Gunn lost his composure and made a terrible decision. It was selfish and he put himself before his team. It’s inexcusable and I’m embarrassed by the recent actions of our players and how they’ve represented this university. I apologize to Rutgers, Wisconsin, and our fans.”

FECD82E2-0CAF-4E02-94F3-5C7F374A4065.png

• Like 5

Just now, Cbp4IU said:

Bye week…. Woodson should use this time to go recruit. The other time start laying out the plan for the team (players individually) what the future holds. 

This is a scheme issue. He lucked out with having TJD. He used that for two early exits. 

His offense is horrible to watch with very little movement off the ball.  It’s all drop it down and everyone watch.  

Just watching a game everyone can see why we struggle to recruit guards. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cbp4IU said:

Bye week…. Woodson should use this time to go recruit. The other time start laying out the plan for the team (players individually) what the future holds. 

Agreed, but what is he going to sell to recruits other than playing time and NIL $$$?

Maybe that’s enough for some guys. Certainly can’t make any promises about a long tournament run and the visibility that comes with it