Wisconsin post game thread

I would say I am dumbfounded! There should be no reason this team is not competing against every team this year even if our backcourt was a little lacking. We had the talent to keep up. Yet we are 4-4 in league play getting blown out by teams and not competing in the least. It seems like the longer the season goes the worse this team gets. Also Woodson I think has lost this team. This team is not fun to watch no talking no fundamentals and absolutely poor shooting. How can we have wonderful shooters in high school Mgbako and come here and struggle to shoot? How is it that Reneau can not block out and gives up offensive rebounds like it is his job. Doesn't matter how many points you score if you give offensive rebounds that leads to easy buckets. Our guard play has been poor to say the least. How can Galloway regress to worse than his freshman percentages as a senior? How is it we are shooting below 70% at the free throw line as a team? What can go wrong this season has went wrong and I feel more is yet to come. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Lots of the regular posters not on the game thread. Don’t blame you a bit.Wonder your thoughts though 

I just got home from the bar after a day of fishing.  You know the saying, "A bad day of fishing is better than a bad day of IU basketball."

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hippopotamo said:

I really think Woodson should get a 4th year to see if he can turn things around, but man it’s hard to think he should get that chance at this point. It really seems like the wheels have come off. 

This is his team he put together outside of TG. They have no clue how to put a team together. We are the keystone cops.

I’d like to have seen Mgbako get more minutes. 

X started to get composed in the second half. Hopefully he can build on that. 

This team can play great in 2 minute flashes. That said, it seems impossible for them to remain focused for longer than 2 minute spurts. . 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He did.

I don’t know why Cupps was on the bench as much as he was.

We scored enough to win but the defense wasn’t there.

We need shooters 

Agreed.  We played terrible defense most of the game.  Didn't box out or rebound like we should and we can all agree other than Mbako, we don't have anyone we can count on to put the ball in the basket.  AND WTF is XJ doing, he won't shoot at all