Wisconsin post game thread

20 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

for me it's not the secondary head to chest, it's the intentional head butt prior, that happened to miss. Followed by the insignificant contact. If we are going to come one here and blame XJ for his actions and leave the Rutgers kid off scot free, we have to do the same in this situation, no? I realize XJ's actions were a lot worse but so was the reaction from Rutgers. Same here, the head butt wasn't terrible, but the reaction was also nothingness. 

This is spot on

the rutgers kid should have ejected. 

But you are correct. if the rutgers kid was not ejected or foul upgraded because it was a reaction the same should have applied to Gunn. The rutgers player was called for a foul. It should have called flagrant not just a foul. He should have got an F2 also and been tossed. I’m ok with the F2 on Gunn. Not sure are watching the video as an official i don’t get with both coaches and players and call nothing and tell them to knock the shit off. Gunn pushed of and his forearm and elbow hit the guy in shoulder and then went to neck/cheek. contact was not much. Given what lead up to the forearm a no call and talk with players would have been fine. Calling Gunn for a foul F1 or F2 was fine also If you as me i would have called nothing and moved o. with warnings. Both players in the wrong.  

1 hour ago, 94hoosier said:

This is spot on

the rutgers kid should have ejected. 

But you are correct. if the rutgers kid was not ejected or foul upgraded because it was a reaction the same should have applied to Gunn. The rutgers player was called for a foul. It should have called flagrant not just a foul. He should have got an F2 also and been tossed. I’m ok with the F2 on Gunn. Not sure are watching the video as an official i don’t get with both coaches and players and call nothing and tell them to knock the shit off. Gunn pushed of and his forearm and elbow hit the guy in shoulder and then went to neck/cheek. contact was not much. Given what lead up to the forearm a no call and talk with players would have been fine. Calling Gunn for a foul F1 or F2 was fine also If you as me i would have called nothing and moved o. with warnings. Both players in the wrong.  

so there's no way you could have ejected the Rutgers player.  i think if the official say it, he should have stepped in and told him to break it up, but isn't that about all that could have been done?

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

So I get the point that the head to chest was irritating and led to the elbow, but I don’t really know what you call on him there.

If CJ doesn’t elbow him it’s nothing, right? If CJ gets upset and makes a stink to the refs and they go review it, it’s still nothing, right? And we are probably laughing that CJ got so upset about it.

It was a live ball but away from the play, stationary players are going to lean on each other, grab each other, talk crap, etc and 99.999% of the time there won’t be a reaction like CJ’s. 

I don’t know man. I don’t think it’s okay to just lean in and head butt somebody in the chest. It wasn’t a gentle leaning in and he touched him. He threw his head forward, definitely on purpose. I think you T the Wiscy kid up and toss CJ for the elbow. Nobody shoots, possession doesn’t change. 

17 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so there's no way you could have ejected the Rutgers player.  i think if the official say it, he should have stepped in and told him to break it up, but isn't that about all that could have been done?

not sure I’m following you here 

I think the Rutgers player should have been ejected. 

36 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

wait.  now i'm confused.  i was thinking we were talking about Gunn and the Wisconsin kid.  

i was talking about the rutgers kid. 

Gunn shouldn’t reacted the way he did. I’m OK with the Gunn ejection. Would have been ok with a F1 or even no call and talking to both players and warning.