IU / Illinois Post Game Thread

5fouls

Just now, btownqb said:

yeah I'll pass on watching IN ST lol 

Been an IU fan  for 44 years and I can tell you ISU is much more enjoyable and much more fundamentally sound. As a former coach watching IU makes me want to puke on a daily. It truly is astonishing that this staff can put together such a poorly constructed team. as you know 1st hand at most high school jobs you deal the hand given but these guys were hand picked by the IU staff. Being 100% honest I have not watched the last 3 games and just check in a few times during the game to see the score. I did listen to the last 3 min of Illinois and just enough to get my hopes up again just to realize we have no killers on this team. (APATHY HAS SET IN)

Teams in Indiana more enjoyable to watch than IU mens team

IU WOMENS Team

Pacers

Most high school teams

In St

PU

The Greensburg 3rd and 4th grade  YMCA team and I don't know any of the kids.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Indiana State is fun to watch. Move the ball guys hit shots lots of assist they paly fast and oh yeah the win. Not too late to jump on the Sycamore Bandwagon still lots of room. You will feel better after the game also. Woody and staff watch some of that video and get some guys here who can do those things and maybe you have a chance to win in todays game otherwise we will continue to suck. It must be all those 5 star guys they bring to Terre Haute. 

FG          3PT          FT

33-65   12-29     17-20

50.8 %     41.4 %    85.0 %

I graduated from ISU.  I am a fighting tree!!  I was there when ISU knocked off IU in like 2001 or 2002, can't remember.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Been an IU fan  for 44 years and I can tell you ISU is much more enjoyable and much more fundamentally sound. As a former coach watching IU makes me want to puke on a daily. It truly is astonishing that this staff can put together such a poorly constructed team. as you know 1st hand at most high school jobs you deal the hand given but these guys were hand picked by the IU staff. Being 100% honest I have not watched the last 3 games and just check in a few times during the game to see the score. I did listen to the last 3 min of Illinois and just enough to get my hopes up again just to realize we have no killers on this team. (APATHY HAS SET IN)

IU WOMENS Team

Pacers

Most high school teams

In St

PU

Doesn't the women's team get the crap beat out of them by anyone that is good?

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Doesn't the women's team get the crap beat out of them by anyone that is good?

Probably not but nice try. they have lost twice this year t0 2 teams in the top 10. I said more enjoyable to watch and a better brand They make more 3's per game than the men's team attempts but if putting them down makes you sleep better at night go right ahead and knock yourself out. 1 of the IU basketball teams will be in the NCAA tournament and I would bet everything I own its not the Men's team 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Probably not but nice try. they have lost twice this year t0 2 teams in the top 10. I said more enjoyable to watch and a better brand They make more 3's per game than the men's team attempts but if putting them down makes you sleep better at night go right ahead and knock yourself out. 1 of the IU basketball teams will be in the NCAA tournament and I would bet everything I own its not the Men's team 

you don't have to take offense to that, but you can if you want.

It was just a question. I dont follow them

if what I am doing with the Women's team is wrong, what is happening with everyone else and the men's team?

Go through the Women's thread. They can't simply celebrate them, but have to drag the men's teams through the mud while doing so.

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

you don't have to take offense to that, but you can if you want.

It was just a question. I dont follow them

if what I am doing with the Women's team is wrong, what is happening with everyone else and the men's team?

Go through the Women's thread. They can't simply celebrate them, but have to drag the men's teams through the mud while doing so.

All i said was they are more enjoyable to watch. I don't post about them, I gave my thoughts on teams in Indiana that are more enjoyable to watch. I expected push back because I put PU on there but they play good basketball and I like to watch good basketball. No offense taken and men's play is what gets them drug through the mud. Maybe I am too old school in my thinking but if you don't want people to say those things then shut them up with your play. Unfortunately our team supports what many fans are saying and have done little to nothing to change that. IMO the women should be applauded for what they are doing and it might not pan out to a championship or a final 4 but I don't think we are being too critical on the mens team either. Playing basketball at Indiana comes with a lot of criticism if its not good but with even more praise and accolades when it is. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

All i said was they are more enjoyable to watch. I don't post about them, I gave my thoughts on teams in Indiana that are more enjoyable to watch. I expected push back because I put PU on there but they play good basketball and I like to watch good basketball. No offense taken and men's play is what gets them drug through the mud. Maybe I am too old school in my thinking but if you don't want people to say those things then shut them up with your play. Unfortunately our team supports what many fans are saying and have done little to nothing to change that. IMO the women should be applauded for what they are doing and it might not pan out to a championship or a final 4 but I don't think we are being too critical on the mens team either. Playing basketball at Indiana comes with a lot of criticism if its not good but with even more praise and accolades when it is. 

That's fair. I didn't mean to come at you if that's how you felt. 

The Men's teams absolutely deserves criticism. not saying they dont. Half of the critiques I am hearing are counterintuitive, or hypocritical.  

Just now, ledies22 said:

That's fair. I didn't mean to come at you if that's how you felt. 

The Men's teams absolutely deserves criticism. not saying they dont. Half of the critiques I am hearing are counterintuitive, or hypocritical.  

no need to apologize we are all part of this giant dysfunctional IU family. i agree with that. For me I like to watch things that bring enjoyment and this team just has not been enjoyable for me. 10 years ago I would still watch no mater what but now there are more options I guess and spending time with my wife and kids watching something they like is more enjoyable than watching this product by myself getting frustrated why a D1 player can't hit a ft or open shot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

IU WOMENS Team

Pacers

Most high school teams

In St

PU

Butler's a very good watch. They're a bubble team, but they play an enjoyable style of ball. 

On 1/28/2024 at 1:59 PM, mrflynn03 said:

He better get his ass down to French Lick and recruit Deion Edwards..

You want a shooter?  We got one right down the road. 

He didn't know. His mother hollard at him while he was at the charity stripe. She said Hit this!  

Dude just wants to win. 

I'd give him a scholarship yesterday.  I also agree with you on Leal. Indiana Basketball is at its best with Hoosiers specially southern Hoosiers. It makes makes me sick purdue is beating our ass with indiana boys. 

How many did he score?  Not mentioned in newscast.