IU / Illinois Post Game Thread

5fouls

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm pretty done with this offensive system too. The offense very Archie-esque. 

If I was Dolson, I'd need a crystal clear plan of system changes Woodson plans to make in order for him to get another season. 

Need to hire Rick Carlisle, his offense is fun to watch

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

749B2DF2-20C8-4CC0-8E14-E38AA5B45CEC.jpeg

14 years ago was Crean's second season...I had a hunch I knew what game it was, and I was right: a 58-43 home loss to Iowa. We actually had a stretch of good play before that game and then royally crapped the bed. There were rumors later on that most of the team had stayed at a party until 5 a.m. the night before the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We are a joke to them

First time they’ve beat us since 2/5/2022. I couldn’t care less about what they think. I’m much more concerned about what our staff’s plan is to get much better for next year.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Need to hire Rick Carlisle, his offense is fun to watch

Carlisle is a great coach and the pacers are incredibly fun to watch this year. A breath of fresh air after watching IU games.

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Your team losing shouldn't ever bother your mental health. It isn't that important to let it bother you that much.

I think for me I could deal with the extreme- either consistently good every year like Kansas etc and enjoy games even when we lose because we could still win big or consistently bad every year like a DePaul and just be pleasantly surprised if you beat a rival etc.

I’m just at my breaking point with the glimmers of hope (2012, 2016, last season) followed immediately by terrible seasons (2017, this year). At my breaking point with a new coach every 4 years too. 

36 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I was very sad after the game so I had to watch highlights of a good shooter. A player we need. Non flashy knows his role and will bang a few 3s when called upon.

Thanks.  That is fun.  Anyone notice the quick passing and Roth is squared up, shoots with out dribbling.  Very unlike X, TJ et al

9 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I think for me I could deal with the extreme- either consistently good every year like Kansas etc and enjoy games even when we lose because we could still win big or consistently bad every year like a DePaul and just be pleasantly surprised if you beat a rival etc.

I’m just at my breaking point with the glimmers of hope (2012, 2016, last season) followed immediately by terrible seasons (2017, this year). At my breaking point with a new coach every 4 years too. 

Maybe it was because I was younger but losing bothered me way more when we were good. I expected to win every game back then and we lose especially to a lower team I was so upset.

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Let’s bring in Crean as an offensive coordinator. 

Sure.  I miss everybody here calling him Clappy and bashing his hair, his tan, his pants, and what and how much he drinks during games.  Fun times.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Tough loss, lots of missed opportunities. But the game changed when it was tied with a minute left and Shannon completely plowed over XJ and somehow the refs inexplicably called the foul on XJ. 

An atrocious call. Instead of the ball with a chance to take the lead, we were down 2 with under 1:00. 

Didn't help that XJ missed 1,567 free throws in the last minute either. 

Free throws killed them, but both teams missed a lot. The call that should have been a charge was horrible and it really ended any chance IU had. I think they win that game with Ware.

pretty much what I said 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kdug said:

Yeah, unless I missed something this seems way more likely. He didn’t play Gunn because he made a dumb play and has been bad.

I’d be shocked if that came from Dolson.

He also is undersized to switch and guard Shannon or Domask or Rodgers imo. They would have ate him up taking it right at him. Leal size and physicality helped even if he was only playing in spurts.