IU / Illinois Post Game Thread

5fouls

Credit for the effort but a winnable game is lost. 

Can't buy a three to save their life. Give up 19 offensive rebounds because blocking out is hard i guess. Miss ten free throws, including two late by your super senior. They didn't deserve to win.

It's win the conf tourney or they're sitting at home. Not even good enough for the NIT.

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

image.png.b715d4ab6e286f6a9401186f564623f6.png

Hummel summed up our style of play in as many games. First talked about it during Wisconsin now Illinois. Ugly line…and Jordan Hulls could make a better percentage from free throws from sitting down on his chair where the coaches sit.

Probably our best effort of the year, but still came up empty.

Couple of atrocious calls that hurt us.

It’s really hard to win, even with good effort, playing the way we play. It just eliminates any margin for error. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Game was over when Reneau fouled out, but surprised it was that close when you go 0-9 from 3, 12-22 at the FT line, and get doubled up on the offensive boards 14-7.

On another note Gunn and Banks didn’t see the floor….anybody think they’re back next year?

I hope not.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Game was over when Reneau fouled out, but surprised it was that close when you go 0-9 from 3, 12-22 at the FT line, and get doubled up on the offensive boards 14-7.

On another note Gunn and Banks didn’t see the floor….anybody think they’re back next year?

They probably shouldn’t be. They are replaceable in the portal with Big Conference ready talent. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Gunn wont be. just guessing. a lot of turnover again.

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Serious question…why would any guard or shooter want to play in this style of offense? I hope Mcneeley isn’t watching these games lol. 

If you’re a good recruiter you know how to entice them with playing time and a large role where they are being given the green light to do their thing. But yes it’s tougher when this is the second year in a row where it’s so heavily played through your center and you have little film showing off guard play. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Serious question…why would any guard or shooter want to play in this style of offense? I hope Mcneeley isn’t watching these games lol. 

Because there is tons of open looks, we just have no one to take or hit them. guards should be running to play here

• Like 1

I said I would give them until the end of the month but I think for the first time ever I’m officially not planning my day/evening around a game. Not making the tournament, this team picks and chooses when they want to play with heart and hustle, style is painful to watch and super low basketball IQ from players and coaches.

Its negatively impacting my mental health tbh and I’m struggling to find a reason to justify allowing a hobby to feel like a chore. 

• Like 1