IU / Illinois Post Game Thread

5fouls

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Reneau had 1 assist and he just doesn’t pass. I understand where you’re coming from but I wouldn’t want my guard kid to go to iu at this moment

MR will be gone. maybe if he had shooters he would pass more. We'll never know as long as he is here

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

you can play through your bigs and still have plenty of 3 opportunities. MR never passes out of double or triple teams.

In the first half he forced up some crap being triple and even quadruple teamed.  Galloway looked pissed.  I told my wife I wish Galloway would go off on him right there.  If you want to go pro, being a winner means passing out of doubles.  Or triples.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

In the first half he forced up some crap being triple and even quadruple teamed.  Galloway looked pissed.  I told my wife I wish Galloway would go off on him right there.  If you want to go pro, being a winner means passing out of doubles.  Or triples.  

Fair.

But Reneau could therefore be allowed to chew out players denting the rim and cracking glass with shots taken while wide open.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, we had beat them 3 straight before today and took them down to the wire without our best player.

Let’s see. How many Nattys do they have?

I hear ya. The best thing Woodson had going before this year was taking care of business against Illinois and Purdue. 

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Well, we had beat them 3 straight before today and took them down to the wire without our best player.

Let’s see. How many Nattys do they have?

When was the last time we contended?  Quit using our dusty banners.  They are in a better place than IU basketball.  Indiana basketball is nowhere close to being that.  

• Like 1

Just now, IU_Realist said:

When was the last time we contended?  Quit using our dusty banners.  They are in a better place than IU basketball.  Indiana basketball is nowhere close to being that.  

We were ranked #1 more recently than them.

And if you read my post, I also referenced the last 3 games… which we won.

And since when are you the guy that tells folks what they can or can’t post?

• Like 2

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Still can’t believe this was called a tech. Hawkins reaction could’ve been a tech, and then his little fit in the second half on a no call would’ve gotten a tech on Lebron James. 

That has to be one o. the worst Texh calls ever. Every game a player does that and no call. Hawkins is the one who should have got the T. He ran around bitching and charging at johnson and IU players the entire time while players where going to locker room. 

• Like 3

The narrative of the board was that we would not compete today.

There were multiple posters that thought we would get beat by more than the spread that the betting books had.

Yeah, we lost. Yeah, making the tournament looks like a long shot.

I thought that this team showed a lot of fight today.. Not perfect by a long shot, but definitely they could hold their heads high for the effort they gave. Especially since our best player was not on the floor.

It is so easy to pile on and beat down these guys and the coaches. It’s so easy to join the crowd.

Would love if this forum might try to get behind these guys.

• Like 8

To me, it kind of seems like Woodson underestimated the shooting disparity between the NBA and college basketball. It’s almost like he took for granted how good NBA players at shooting 3s and decided to recruit athletes who can play his defensive scheme and neglected dudes who are elite at putting the ball in the basket. I think he’s earned a 4th season but this just has to start looking better. We need a modern offense that gives these guys a chance to win each night. 

22 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There were multiple posters that thought we would get beat by more than the spread that the betting books had.

I thought that this team showed a lot of fight today.. Not perfect by a long shot, but definitely they could hold their heads high for the effort they gave. Especially since our best player was not on the floor.

It is so easy to pile on and beat down these guys and the coaches. It’s so easy to join the crowd.

I just want to understand your perspective, what does piling on look like to you? And what does getting behind them look like?

From my perspective there’s been very little piling on so I just would like to understand how you (and others) see things as piling on. 

46 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I thought the team competed very hard today as well. A lot of fight and competitiveness. Gotta he happy with that!

I've never really thought effort has been much of an issue with this team.

• Like 1

XJ tech…Refs called a lamer one on Clemson.  100% reputation call 

Hawkins complains more than any player ever?  Never gets T’d either 

Shannon charge.  He trucked NW defenders the other night and got every call.  Not sure what XJ is supposed to do.  Reputation call? 

MM. someone needs to teach him to jump near the basket with arms vertical 

Its a foul every time as help defender 

If Gunn got suspended for that why did Brad %#?* Davison ever get to play?

Edited by Purdue7

44 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I don't think I can celebrate this moral victory. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

No offense, but 12-22 on FTs and giving up 13 offensive rebounds doesn’t scream a lot of effort. You believe they are putting in the effort in practice shooting FTs and blocking out? Or outside of practice when it comes to FTs? I didn’t post during the game thread and wasn’t planning on posting in this thread bc I didn’t want to “pile on” with the negative comments. But which part are we supposed to be getting behind? Just so I know how to be a better fan.

19 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I just want to understand your perspective, what does piling on look like to you? And what does getting behind them look like?

From my perspective there’s been very little piling on so I just would like to understand how you (and others) see things as piling on. 

Piling on includes stating the obvious ad nauseum- how many times can it be expressed that we don’t shoot the 3 well, that the roster construction needs improvement? That the focus of the offense doesn’t fit today’s game?

Getting behind the team would mean that posters would acknowledge the effort that these guys have shown. The improvement that guys like MR and TG have made. I shake my head when I read posts that suggest that there has been no player development. 

Finally, the pot shots at the coaching staff are unwarranted, imo. You starts the “It’s time to fire” thread, so not sure how to respond to you. The guy has been here 3 seasons . He is still coaching players from the previous regime. Improvement needs to happen, for sure. Three years and out is a recipe for disaster for the program. 

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Actually I thought today the tone of this board has been pretty subdued today co.pared to other losses

• Like 4