The NO NEGATIVE COMMENT Thread - Only positive vibes. (seriously!)

12 hours ago, Maedhros said:

In a world where Ware goes pro, but Mgbako sticks with it another season, I can actually see us turning this around fairly quickly. Reneau, Mgbako, McNeeley is a frontcourt that gives you spacing. The key is going to be landing effective guards in the portal. Galloway if he comes back, and Newton if he's available, are drivers instead of shooters. Cupps might still be a year away. Gotta go all out for shooters and ballhandlers in the portal, but if we can do that I'll be real excited for the upcoming season again.

💯 well said. 

• Like 2

We are STILL IU. We still have 5 banners. Still have the most formidable building to visit for opponents. We still have one of  the most rabid fan bases in CBB and are ready and willing to galvanize behind a team who is playing hard and smartly. We still live in one of, if not the most fertile recruiting grounds in the US, with many hometown heroes playing to thousands on Friday nights hoping to wear the Candy Stripes. We still have Mark Cuban and one of the best NIL set ups in the game, and still get great ratings on big ten +, Peacock, and whatever other paywalls they try to hide our games from our fans thru. Although several programs have passed us in the last two decades, we are still one of the top programs in CBB. We just need all the ingredients to come together. This is what I can be positive about…

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

We are STILL IU. We still have 5 banners. Still have the most formidable building to visit for opponents. We still have one of  the most rabid fan bases in CBB and are ready and willing to galvanize behind a team who is playing hard and smartly. We still live in one of, if not the most fertile recruiting grounds in the US, with many hometown heroes playing to thousands on Friday nights hoping to wear the Candy Stripes. We still have Mark Cuban and one of the best NIL set ups in the game, and still get great ratings on big ten +, Peacock, and whatever other paywalls they try to hide our games from our fans thru. Although several programs have passed us in the last two decades, we are still one of the top programs in CBB. We just need all the ingredients to come together. This is what I can be positive about…

You play in arguably the most important conference in the nation…..every game is an event 
A top education is there if you want to put in the work 

4 years at IU and you are set for life 

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I want to thank you for this thread.

Anything positive is appreciated and helps to negate what seems to be the accepted path this board is headed towards.

Thank you!

Remember! Tony Bennett missed the tourney 3 out of his first 4 years on the job. If you have the right guy you stick with him. Can't do much in February but Woodson loves this school and his responsibility more than any arm chair dude. I know he'll make the changes and adjustments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

this was from 2013. It would be interesting to see where it stands now. Gut feeling Indiana is just outside top 10.

Would this include prep schools like IMG, Montverde, etc, or the original state?

I found this more recent article but it only looks at nationally ranked recruits. 

https://watchstadium.com/ranking-every-state-in-the-u-s-by-the-college-basketball-prospects-it-produces-06-24-2019/

• Like 2

I’ll give you positive:

Payton Sparks passed up being an all-conference player at the mere chance to contribute here at IU. He’s backing up one of the best front-courts in the country. He’s 100% effort. Came here for the love of the game. 

Maybe there is hope for the rising generation to still be in love with IU like the rest of us old farts. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

You play in arguably the most important conference in the nation…..every game is an event 
A top education is there if you want to put in the work 

4 years at IU and you are set for life 

Thanks for the nice compliment, Purdue7

16 hours ago, spe317 said:

I’ll give you positive:

Payton Sparks passed up being an all-conference player at the mere chance to contribute here at IU. He’s backing up one of the best front-courts in the country. He’s 100% effort. Came here for the love of the game. 

Maybe there is hope for the rising generation to still be in love with IU like the rest of us old farts. 

By making the starters work in practice (which I'm assuming he is 100% effort there as well and not to mention a load to deal with), credit is also due to Sparks for us having such a great front-court. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:18 AM, BGleas said:

Agree with everyone on Ware. He's been a huge brightspot. It's been fun watching him shed the "lazy" label that was attached to him and prove his doubters (looking at you Dana Altman) wrong!

I'll don't think he'll be back, but it would he really fun to see one more year of Ware in an IU uniform. 

No reason to go all negative on Dana Altman here, this thread is to pump sunshine and talk about puppies. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Indykev said:

No reason to go all negative on Dana Altman here, this thread is to pump sunshine and talk about puppies. :coffee:

Come now, i started this thread with an honest heart to keep positive posts in here.  Please respect that if you don't mind.  Plenty of other threads to talk shit about everything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Come now, i started this thread with an honest heart to keep positive posts in here.  Please respect that if you don't mind.  Plenty of other threads to talk shit about everything.

I know why you started, just having a little fun with BG, relax, i'm not going to blow up your thread.

• Like 1