Northwestern Game Thread

KDB

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i am easily confused, but haven't you remained positive through all of this?  

Still am and always will be so don't take my post as a criticism of the staff.....because the sets our staff is running is getting wide open looks and nobody is making a shot. Fischer had to stop himself a couple of times.....wide open shots.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Boo birds out….cant say I blame them…lackluster performance with a week off.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Did you hear the booing before they cut the background sound. Oof

In this case, I think the booing was reserved for the officials.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’m pretty sure they were booing the refs. IMO it was the right call on Ware. 

It was 100% the right call. Ware might have stumbled setting the screen but he shoved the guy enough to fet him airborn into Trey. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Still am and always will be so don't take my post as a criticism of the staff.....because the sets our staff is running is getting wide open looks and nobody is making a shot. Fischer had to stop himself a couple of times.....wide open shots.

Can an entire team have the yips? They practice jumpers all the time. It makes no sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

For the “young kids will like these jerseys “ crowd, Little Keet hates them. 

I think that was nice way for the announcers to kind of brush off the subject…I’ve heard a few people on this message board like them but all my family (specifically younger nieces and nephews) thought they look cheap. Practice unis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

That might’ve been our worst half of the year. It’s just so frustrating watching the lack of fundamentals. This team just doesn’t do any of the little things that help win games.

Between this half and both Penn st. halves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

Which is true. The crowd just wasn’t happy with ware getting called for an illegal screen. 

Why he slammed into him…horrible screen….and why were we holding the ball running the clock down…we couldn’t get last shot so just run your normal offense and not try to hold it and take a desperate look….but again…that’s on coaches for telling them to hold it.

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question - were the boos for our play or the calls?  pretty scary if they are booing our team at half.  

Hard to tell which. the Students i've talked to, i wouldnt be shocked if they were booing the effort.