Northwestern Game Thread

KDB

Game went bad after the T on sparks

Not sure how you call a T when a guy is trying to pull the ball and gets tangled up with a guy draped on his back. It’s not a hook and hold. Arms were up and pulled down trying to bring the rebound down. Players got tangled up. Should have been a foul and move one

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A week of no basketball to have this performance and they were down their best player for most the half. No energy with this team and honestly they look like they mirror the coaching staff…just going through the motions.

NW….whole team jumping and supporting and excited.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Can an entire team have the yips? They practice jumpers all the time. It makes no sense. 

I can see Trey with one for sure...which sucks because anyone who has yips in hoops, golf or baseball (throwing) knows it's all in the brain. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IndyHoosier said:

Dolson doesn’t have the balls to do it does he?…

He better because he is just going through the motions and his team is doing the same. This effort is totally unacceptable and these players and coaches should be ashamed of this performance. OSU coach gets fired and their players come out and beat PU but our players just comes out lifeless.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

serious question - were the boos for our play or the calls?  pretty scary if they are booing our team at half.  

I think it's the frustration with not seeing any improvement. 14-10 and we're not seeing any type of change in offensive and or defensive scheme. Even if we changed our game plan and lost I feel like the fans would at least have the feeling that we're trying something different. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Euroclydon said:

Easiest offense to guard in conference. Easiest defense to get an open shot against. It's that simple.

Talent. Lack of talent. Argue all you want. It doesn't matter as long as the coach refuses to adjust anything. 

Talent without discipline or knowledge is pretty much useless. Low BBIQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Still am and always will be so don't take my post as a criticism of the staff.....because the sets our staff is running is getting wide open looks and nobody is making a shot. Fischer had to stop himself a couple of times.....wide open shots.

It’s tough to hit wide open shots when you don’t recruit shooters or don’t make it a priority to upgrade your roster in that area during the off-season. 

It’s only been one the biggest complaints our fans have had for like 8+ years now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

A week of no basketball to have this performance and they were down their best player for most the half. No energy with this team and honestly they look like they mirror the coaching staff…just going through the motions.

NW….whole team jumping and supporting and excited.

Woodson and Hill would break hips if they jumped around like NW coaches.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

He better because he is just going through the motions and his team is doing the same. This effort is totally unacceptable and these players and coaches should be ashamed of this performance. OSU coach gets fired and their players come out and beat PU but our players just comes out lifeless.

i feel an email coming?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i am not an advocate of saying Woodson needs to get a T just because, but i would like to see some kind of excitement at some point this game.  

If I were the coach I would have made sure I got two techs and ejected because of the refs have been so poor.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I can see Trey with one for sure...which sucks because anyone who has yips in hoops, golf or baseball (throwing) knows it's all in the brain. 

Practice and Calbert could fix a different shot on a younger kid. I think Galloway is who he is at this point. To bad. I like him. He invited me to his house party the other night but it was going to be 3am so it was to late for me. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

If I were the coach I would have made sure I got two techs and ejected because of the refs have been so poor.

i disagree.  this is on our effort and play, not the officials.  i'd get 2 T's so i didn't have to suffer through the embarrassment.  

• Like 1