2024 Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

Heard Shrews wants Galloway at ND. 

Purdue offered him plus he’s from up there 

Sleepers guy said Furst was the Purdue guy who was leaving 

Would be a great add for Shrews 

PS. Love Furst & Galloway… hope they got degrees 

My concern with IU having to build an entire roster through transfers is that I'm not sure they'll have enough NIL money to land enough key pieces. The transfers are going to command a lot more than the high school recruits but Woodson is solely focused on using the portal to build next years roster. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

My concern with IU having to build an entire roster through transfers is that I'm not sure they'll have enough NIL money to land enough key pieces. The transfers are going to command a lot more than the high school recruits but Woodson is solely focused on using the portal to build next years roster. 

It's a forgone conclusion that we WILL lose players to the portal after the season is over. I will anticipate, most certainly Gunn and Banks will definitely transfer, Ware definitely leaving the for NBA.

That leaves us with Galloway, Cupps, Mgbako, Reneau, Sparks and Newton. There has been a lot of chatter that many players want to leave. Currently, of these 6 remaining players, I feel Sparks is only that wouldn't leave. 

Since Woodson isn't leaving, and it appears that IU has been playing it's best basketball the last 3 games, will more stay? 

How many and who they will be? Will it change depending on how the remaining games play out?

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

We had better be looking for some guys with multiple years of eligibility left. If we just bring in a bunch of 5th year guys we are right back where we started heading into 25-26. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We had better be looking for some guys with multiple years of eligibility left. If we just bring in a bunch of 5th year guys we are right back where we started heading into 25-26. 

I can say this with almost certainty. Woodson doesn't care what the roster looks like after next year. He's all in on winning next year.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I can say this with almost certainty. Woodson doesn't care what the roster looks like after next year. He's all in on winning next year.

honestly i'd just like to win any year.  next year would be a good one.  the big year we had with JHS and TJD together was not quite as much as i would have hoped.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

So a lot of guys want to transfer and that's not a Red Flag to the AD? 😆.

I'm not 100% convinced that is the case.   Some of those same sources said Woody was likely gone.  Either way, we still have gaping holes to fill in the portal.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

And so it begins.  This kid might be a great get for next year, but I'm going to wear this point out in this thread between now and whenever, he is a junior this year which means he has one year left.  We HAVE to get guys through the portal with more than one year of eligibility left.  We have to build a program for the future and not just a team for next year.  If we don't we are in the exact same place of filling gaping holes 12 months from now. 

@BGleas , I know you are just posting the info and not advocating for him, I'm just on this soapbox now and am using your post as a jumping off point. 

• Like 3