2024 Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

Really excited to see what a healthy Newton can do

And one that has had a LONG time to spend with the staff, to learn, with ZERO pressure while healing so that the sponge is open cell, not closed. Anyone questioning this announcement, is the typical hoosier message board fan that grew up wearing a face mask playing right field in co-ed softball at 37 years old, because you now, a 250' line drive might hit me...... SOFT. 

wearing baseball catcher gear for a 250' line drive to the face, in right field is many of Todays Hoosier fan base. Trans fans.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

And one that has had a LONG time to spend with the staff, to learn, with ZERO pressure while healing so that the sponge is open cell, not closed. Anyone questioning this announcement, is the typical hoosier message board fan that grew up wearing a face mask playing right field in co-ed softball at 37 years old, because you now, a 250' line drive might hit me...... SOFT. 

wearing baseball catcher gear for a 250' line drive to the face, in right field is many of Todays Hoosier fan base. Trans fans.  

Is that a thing?? Never heard of this in my life. Obviously you must have witnessed it before once…but even if you did do you think perhaps that there could have been a medical reason why that might happen and perhaps that’s the bravest thing someone can do is to be out there playing because they love the game but have a legitimate medical condition?? I mean I don’t know because I’ve never heard of this but I suppose if I did I might not assume why they are and have a conversation with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Is that a thing?? Never heard of this in my life. Obviously you must have witnessed it before once…but even if you did do you think perhaps that there could have been a medical reason why that might happen and perhaps that’s the bravest thing someone can do is to be out there playing because they love the game but have a legitimate medical condition?? I mean I don’t know because I’ve never heard of this but I suppose if I did I might not assume why they are and have a conversation with them.

So, what I think you're saying is be cautious not to jump to conclusions, especially if those conclusion are mean spirited and hateful. It's ok to learn prior to forming an opinion. I don't think I have agreed with some of your posts, but I agree with this, and respect how you delivered it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

How soon until Essegian hits the portal? Didn’t see the court last night. Went from all freshman team to invisible. Nor saying IU should take him. 

I'm going to be curious on AJ Storr. No knowledge just whispers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

How soon until Essegian hits the portal? Didn’t see the court last night. Went from all freshman team to invisible. Nor saying IU should take him. 

Yes they should take him. Kid can ball. 

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I didn't mean face mask like a covid mask, I meant like a football face mask.

I was trying to work some hyperbolic sarcasm into a slam post.

Can't wait to see what tools newton has !  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

He can't get on the court at UW and they're literally a small step ahead of us and no where near where we should be. Pass 

Exactly.  Terrible defender.  We can do better.  Yes, we need a shooter with size but we can’t compromise on D.  As bad as the complaints about shooting have been, we were just as bad defensively.  We need good perimeter defenders.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I believe there was a rumor our staff was trying to get him to transfer last year, FWIW. 

7A85304C-05C9-424B-9321-98C6E8FD6DAA.png

I’ve followed him a bit since there were rumors about our interest last year.  From what I’ve read, he is a bit of a head case.  He was solid in ‘23 and then fell off in ‘24.  Left the team at one point.  Can’t meet his commitments for NIL either.  I don’t know enough but you’d have to do big time due diligence before bringing him into your lockerroom.  He’s got a diva reputation that would make an NFL receiver blush.  

edited to add a quick link 

https://www.swtimes.com/story/sports/college/sec/2024/01/27/arkansas-basketballs-davonte-davis-steps-away-from-the-program/72382677007/#

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I didn't mean face mask like a covid mask, I meant like a football face mask.

I was trying to work some hyperbolic sarcasm into a slam post.

Can't wait to see what tools newton has !  

Got it…no I understood like a mask like the pitchers wear sometimes after they’ve been nailed by a line drive…I guess i didn’t understand the correlation with IU fans…I think most are happy ANYONE is staying after this crappy season. I don’t think anyone expects much from Newton. I’d be surprised he plays much at all. Not sure if he was even practicing full contact yet. If he could even give us 5-7 minutes of defense I’d be thrilled.

2 hours ago, jojo123 said:

Yes they should take him. Kid can ball. 

He would have the same role here. If he is cool with a rotational piece then sure..but I suspect he would stay where he is if that’s the case or step down a level to start somewhere at a mid major. 

On 3/22/2024 at 2:01 PM, Maedhros said:

With so many names going in, it's tough to know who's been mentioned and who hasn't. Scrolling Twitter since the games tipped today, I saw Borzello mention a couple:

JP Pegues, guard from Furman. First team all So-Con, 18.4 points, 4.8 assists, over 36% from 3

Jordan Sears, guard from UT Martin. First team all OVC for two seasons. 21.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 4.5 assists.

Lots of guard talent out there, hope we get some.

We've reached out to Sears

• Thanks 1