Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Finishing 6th place by itself isn't the issue, it is having a resume so poor that we aren't even a bubble team. Making the NCAA tournament every season is the bare minimum goal.

And getting absolutely blasted by Purdue x2, UCONN, and Auburn. Literally didn't belong on the court with those teams. 

Home loss to PSU was BS too. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Woodson and the coaching staff did a great job bringing in Ware and developing him into a lottery pick. Just as they helped TJD improve his game. But because of their inability to surround those great post players with enough skilled guards, they’ve failed to maximize having their talent. This is especially true to not have an NCAAT team in Ware’s one year. With an average P6 back court this year, this should have been a single digit NCAAT team, not an NIT team. It was such a missed opportunity with a special player. 

if i were Izzo i would be lobbying for IU to bring Woodson back as well.  i'd much rather that than get a good coach who could actually utilize the talent.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

if i were Izzo i would be lobbying for IU to bring Woodson back as well.  i'd much rather that than get a good coach who could actually utilize the talent.  

It’s totally self serving. He’s praising Woodson for winning 18 games after MSU went 18-13, 10-10 in the B1G, just like IU. This was after being ranked #4 in the country to start the year. IU at least met its preseason expectations, MSU didn’t. It’s his way of saying don’t criticize me, this is really hard. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

also, what would any coach say when asked about another coach?  "Well, yeah.  Woodson is lazy and runs a terrible system.  I can't believe they haven't fired him already?"

My buddy is a Purdue fan, he's kind of an idiot he literally looks like Purdue Pete.  Well this morning first thing he says is "Mike Woodson is the man man! you guys should keep Mike Woodson for another 4 or 5 years" and then bust out laughing and says "how in the world do you not have a single recruit for this Freshman Class what an idiot."

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It’s totally self serving. He’s praising Woodson for winning 18 games after MSU went 18-13, 10-10 in the B1G, just like IU. This was after being ranked #4 in the country to start the year. IU at least met its preseason expectations, MSU didn’t. It’s his way of saying don’t criticize me, this is really hard. 

It wouldn't be a post game without tears from Izzo trying to justify his team losing.  The game will be better off when his generation of cheaters and Liars are gone thankfully K and boheim are already gone

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You forgot the powerhouse Minnesota team we beat. 

Yeah I was gonna mention them but just wanted to emphasize our narrow margins against the other teams. I mean give credit to the team for winning the games but it’s not like they’re blowing anyone out or playing tough competition.

1 hour ago, 02Hoosier said:

Yeah I was gonna mention them but just wanted to emphasize our narrow margins against the other teams. I mean give credit to the team for winning the games but it’s not like they’re blowing anyone out or playing tough competition.

i'll give credit where credit is due and admit when i'm wrong.  i thought we'd literally lose all 4 of the last 4.  that said, they were not good teams and we didn't exactly look pretty doing it!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

It’s hard to say because the Net is so convoluted, but if we hold home court and win those games, we’re 21-10 and 13-7 in the league. Hard to imagine with that record we wouldn’t get in the NCAAs.

Changing it to home wins instead of losses vs. Neb, PSU, NW (which I think is what you're saying) on Torvik, we still aren't in. We're listed as the 10th team out (instead of 16th out currently).

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

Steichen at the game yesterday? My man. 

Even though he's a UNLV guy my buddy who knows him very well (families travel together on vacations) says the dude just loves any and all sports. He'll go anywhere anytime to watch games.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Even though he's a UNLV guy my buddy who knows him very well (families travel together on vacations) says the dude just loves any and all sports. He'll go anywhere anytime to watch games.

ended up in our lockerroom, too... like that a lot 

• Like 2

Happy for the guys to get another W. Might as well just keep it up . Gonna be a tough road. Hope that TG is good to go for the BTT. I can't help but keep playing the what might have been scenarios through my head. I think 2 more wins we were in safely and no talk of a new coach. Lets just go out and win this thing. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Happy for the guys to get another W. Might as well just keep it up . Gonna be a tough road. Hope that TG is good to go for the BTT. I can't help but keep playing the what might have been scenarios through my head. I think 2 more wins we were in safely and no talk of a new coach. Lets just go out and win this thing. 

You didn't even need more wins.  You just needed to not have all the close games against bottom of the barrel teams in November and December and show up to a few of the games you got blown out in.

• Like 3

The perception of Indiana this season is going to require, at a minimum, three impressive wins, and I still say probably requires us to win the whole thing. 

Here's what we need.

15 plus point win in our 1st game, regardless of the opponent.

Beat Nebraska and look good doing it.

Beat Illinois.  We cannot afford Illinois to lose before they play us.  We need to have a W against them to have any shot if we lose Sunday.

Hope Northwestern (possible) or Wisconsin (highly unlikely) can beat Purdue for us.  Even if we beat the Illini, a 20+ point beatdown by the Boilers takes away all the brownie points earned earlier in the tournament.

A run to the Championship certainly helps, but it is not surefire ticket to the dance.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2