Penn St. Pregame Thread

I am really ready for a game!  I was actually feeling optimistic about winning these first two rounds.  Then my terrible memory made me look up the results of our first two games vs PSU.  Then I was thinking given the choice, I'd rather be missing X than Galloway. Now I'm bummed, but still excited for an IU bball game.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

PSU -2

Penn State is hot garbage.  Not to ignite the Woodson stuff over here but if he loses to them a third time....not good to be nice.  Same with the team, no excuse to get handled by Piss Poor State.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Everything depends if Galloway can play effectively if at all.

IDK. IU lost by 14 and 9 to them with Gallo playing 36 and 34 minutes. It's more about whether XJ decides to show up against Baldwin. In two games against IU he had 45 points and 17 assists. They scored 85 and 83. IU has scored over 80 once in the B1G, a win over MD. 

IU’s guards aren’t good enough and there’s not much we can do about it as that was determined in last year’s lackluster offseason.    It is exacerbated if TG is limited or out as he’s the one good guard.  It is a head scratcher but the one thing you might do is bring Leal’s minutes way up and Cupps’ way down.  Maybe even try Gunn again in lieu of Cupps.   XJ is a sixth year guy.  He gives you a chance to manipulate the rotation.

I like Cupps.  He shows flashes with shooting, defense, and getting into the lane.  Those flashes, even though somewhat isolated, indicate potential that he can someday be a good player in all those facets.  However, if you look at his high total number of minutes, his production in terms of assists, scoring, rebounding, etc may be a record in terms of being empty.  It’s not his fault, because he shouldn’t be playing those kinds of minutes at this stage.  But with XJ out there, this is an opportunity to get other guys on the floor to try to get better production and less empty guard minutes, with or without Trey.  

• Like 2

If Galloway is out he is our spark plug and general.  Unless good XJ shows up I think we lose unfortunately.  He has been that important during the 4 game run.

We need good XJ to show up but Trey plays fast and when XJ plays fast usually bad things happen.

16 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

I think having X for this game is huge, simply for his ability to defend. That is something we missed in the two regular season matchups.

And in the 2nd game losing Kel'el to foul trouble early in the 2nd half didn't help either... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bronkonagurski said:

I think having X for this game is huge, simply for his ability to defend. That is something we missed in the two regular season matchups.

I went back and looked.  X has not played in our 4 game losing streak against Penn st.  

Please keep the turnovers down and get this win.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

thanks thought i saw 9pm.

ESPN has it at 8:30... I know it says 7:30 in the pic I'm posting, but that's because I'm on CDT...

Or we can just say 0030Z on 3/15 😁

Screenshot_20240314-102602.thumb.png.26725c8053208f84d7d348a22bba91b3.png

• Haha 1