Penn St. Pregame Thread

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's our 3rd try to beat them this season.  If we cannot, that is a huge blot on CMW.  I like our chances so long as Ware has a big game (plenty feeds to him), Mgbako contributes over 10 pts, X has just 1 turnover and we don't crowd the paint with W and Malik.   Go Hoosiers     p.s.  how about we shoot 70+% FT's, too.

• Like 3

i'm not sure why people feel confident about this one, but i hope you're right!  i get that we are playing well recently, but haven't exactly played great teams.  if Galloway is out (which i thought was a definite?)  i have a hard time being confident when we are 0-2 against them this season.  as for the XJ/Galloway thing - i would rather have Trey than X if i had to pick.    

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'm not sure why people feel confident about this one, but i hope you're right!  i get that we are playing well recently, but haven't exactly played great teams.  if Galloway is out (which i thought was a definite?)  i have a hard time being confident when we are 0-2 against them this season.  as for the XJ/Galloway thing - i would rather have Trey than X if i had to pick.    

I mean, we really need both of them to make this run.

Message board rumors are the only place I've seen any talk at all about Galloway not playing so I don't know how that could be considered definite.

• Like 2

It's all about matchups. IU does not match up well with psu. If Galloway is out it gets that much more difficult. It would take a big effort from the rest of the guards including X, Cupps,  Leal and CJ. 

Hoping for the best. If the season ends it may actually be better for our overall health.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

didn't realize Walker is listed as questionable with Galloway.  so we'll have Leal and Sparks off the bench?  wish we had another scholarship player.  

Not sure what that does. You've got Gunn (supposedly a guard) and Banks. Not being used. Whose to say another bench player would get time even if needed?

4 hours ago, Euroclydon said:

It's all about matchups. IU does not match up well with psu. If Galloway is out it gets that much more difficult. It would take a big effort from the rest of the guards including X, Cupps,  Leal and CJ. 

Hoping for the best. If the season ends it may actually be better for our overall health.

Yep, bad matchup.

I wonder how much of a crowd we will have there? With a drop in enthusiasm and being up in Minnesota, I don't think we'll have as many fans as normal. At least we should have more than Penn State! 

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I wonder how much of a crowd we will have there? With a drop in enthusiasm and being up in Minnesota, I don't think we'll have as many fans as normal. At least we should have more than Penn State! 

What genius selected Minneapolis as the tournament city? I see no reason why it should ever be anywhere besides Indy or Chicago 

• Like 3