PSU Postgame

fell asleep 😔really happy to have a game tonight.  it seemed obvious that all X was out to do was set his teammates up.  that is huge.  we're about 99% sure Galloway will still be out tonight correct?  oh well, there's always a chance.  

Reviewed the stat sheet this morning:

Positives: Guards finally started rebounding. Got 10 boards out of 31. D was great on Baldwin.

Negs: 12 turnovers, 5 of them by Reneau. 3 by X. Only 13 assists. 0-5 from deep from Taco. And we didn't run. PSU had more fast breaks than we did. That shouldn't happen.

Definitely an ugly, ugly game. And yet we were able to gut out a win. 

• Like 1

Survive and advance all you can ask in tournament play. Even Woodson called it an ugly game. Refs were really bad. Cupp’s best game of the year. Did a good job against Baldwin. Leal with the great winning effort to bail out a bad final play.,Ware’s presence defensively really bothered PSU. 

49 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I know this is a little thing, but watch Leal after he makes the bucket...No elaborate celebrating...

He finds someone to guard on the in bounds...

I disagree strongly with this post.  It's not a little thing.  🙂

Edited by Parakeet Jones
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

Always love hearing game winners from this man.

As great as hitting that shot was, I was impressed with his reaction. No "woofing" or prancing down the floor. No "look at me" posing. He immediately got in defensive position and was ready. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

What stinks is this. We beat Iowa and Ohio St. And yet they will get the two “seeded” spots from the big ten because of the stupid NET. So basically the NET screws us in both tournaments UGHHHH

And if it helps to apply sodium to this open incision, Ohio state even fired their coach mid season it was so bad. 

Stings just a bit.

3 hours ago, DWB said:

It's starting to look like the only person MR will pass to is Ware. Leal & Taco are wide open on the perimeter while he's getting triple teamed, and he forces up a horrible shot.

Except on that last possession when he clearly should’ve passed to ware because then ware has two options. 1. Drive and score due to mismatch or when they collapse on him kick to Leal for wide open three.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I don’t understand MR’s thought process there. Ware had his guy completely dominated for an easy two points there.

No joke...I think we win the game by 15 + points if Reneau sits on the bench. He was that bad. And again, every shot he takes is a better look taken away from Ware. 

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DWB said:

It's starting to look like the only person MR will pass to is Ware. Leal & Taco are wide open on the perimeter while he's getting triple teamed, and he forces up a horrible shot.

Death, Taxes and Reneau over dribbling in the post. It's becoming tiresome. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I don’t understand MR’s thought process there. Ware had his guy completely dominated for an easy two points there.

Going back and rewatching that. Did you see the Penn player totally hook and hold Ware? that crap was all game. Why does everyone get away with that EXCEPT IU?  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

The two offensive fouls Malik committed, the charges were terrible plays by him... I thought the illegal screen was as much XJ's impatience as it was MR's fault. 

I'm failing to see any mistake he made on the last play of the game, though. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that whenever MR touches the ball I truly have no idea what to expect? With him the full spectrum of possibilities are potentially coming. He might kick it into the stands, throw it over the back board hit a tough shot or make a strong post move and finish that leaves me speechless. I will say its an adventure for sure

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Going back and rewatching that. Did you see the Penn player totally hook and hold Ware? that crap was all game. Why does everyone get away with that EXCEPT IU?  

I made a comment on Twitter last night that I don’t understand why Ware doesn’t get the calls that other big guys like Edey get. The contact with no foul called against him is insane. Woodson makes enough money that he already should’ve publicly called out the refs to start getting his guy some calls.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If you notice the official in the picture he is ball watching. Looking at the rim instead of the play in the lane. As an long time official (retired)  whenever I watch a game I watch the refs. It is amazing to me how they constantly call fouls out of their area, ball watch and call many fouls on what they anticipate to happen instead of what actually happens. Pretty sad that it happens so much at that level. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1