Nebraska BTT Pre-Game

IUFLA

When: Today March 15th around 9 PM EST (0100Z) :) 

Where: Simon-Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota

TV: BTN

image.png.ac0850faea32530dba6e0afba27152cb.png

Not gonna go through the normal exercise, because we know them pretty well...Need to stop Tominaga, Williams, Lawrence, and Wilcher from the outside. We have a distinct advantage in the paint, so we have to exploit it...

Play defense, especially on the perimeter, and use our bigs...

We can win this one...

GO HOOSIERS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You mean against OSU

We better hope it's Illinois.  We beat Illinois and lose a close one to Purdue and we MIGHT get in.  We beat OSU and lose a close one to Purdue and we don't get in.  We need that signature win.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

We better hope it's Illinois.  We beat Illinois and lose a close one to Purdue and we MIGHT get in.  We beat OSU and lose a close one to Purdue and we don't get in.  We need that signature win.

Or....

We beat OSU and stomp Michigan State. That would be nice 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

X gonna hit the spot defensively.   Late in the game they were about to sub Cupps back in and stuck with X and Leal.  They held up defensively.   

not sure you want to use the terminology that X will hit the spot.  that has gotten him in trouble before.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Go ahead and prep the preview for tomorrow's game against Illinois @IUFLA.  We're winning this one.  

I tend to agree. I just don't see how we lose to Nebraska 3 straight times. Odds are heavily in our favor....of course, I'm biased towards us....but regardless of bias, it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

I tend to agree. I just don't see how we lose to Nebraska 3 straight times. Odds are heavily in our favor....of course, I'm biased towards us....but regardless of bias, it is very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row. 

Did it to Mich in ‘76….

• Like 1

Nebraska has won 6 of their last 7 (but, like our winning streak, save Wisconsin, it was against the middle/lower half of the Big 10), and Fred Hoiberg is a good coach...

I think we're going to have to make this one "ugly" too...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Nebraska has won 6 of their last 7 (but, like our winning streak, save Wisconsin, it was against the middle/lower half of the Big 10), and Fred Hoiberg is a good coach...

I think we're going to have to make this one "ugly" too...

Count on it… ”ugly” for sure. We haven’t won “pretty” all year.

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

When: Today March 15th around 9 PM EST (0100Z) :) 

Where: Simon-Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota

TV: BTN

image.png.ac0850faea32530dba6e0afba27152cb.png

Not gonna go through the normal exercise, because we know them pretty well...Need to stop Tominaga, Williams, Lawrence, and Wilcher from the outside. We have a distinct advantage in the paint, so we have to exploit it...

Play defense, especially on the perimeter, and use our bigs...

We can win this one...

GO HOOSIERS!

I was shocked we went into zone yesterday. Wonder if zone would work better in this game.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I am going in the theory of we have to run it to get in so I want the easiest path to the championship 

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I was shocked we went into zone yesterday. Wonder if zone would work better in this game.

I think we'll see it at times...

But I also think Nebraska has a better coach than Penn State...Rhodes relies on chaos for his teams to win...Hoiberg is as good at Xs and Os than any coach in the Big 10...

• Like 2

Also, this isn't necessarily important in this game if we don't win, but Woodson is going to have to at least pull Gunn out of the doghouse and possibly even Banks if we are expecting to try and go 4 games in 4 days.  With no Galloway he is going to need more than Leal, Cupps, and Johnson as part of the rotation if they are looking ahead to playing Sunday.

Also, Banks is clearly gone.  Gunn still seems to be somewhat involved in celebrating good things for the team but Banks is almost completely checked out on the bench.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Is he the little guard?  :coffee:

I was about to say… hopefully Woodson has figured out who the “little guard” is by this point. It’s not like he’s second team all big ten or anything 

Edited by 02Hoosier