Nebraska BTT Pre-Game

IUFLA

39 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Also, this isn't necessarily important in this game if we don't win, but Woodson is going to have to at least pull Gunn out of the doghouse and possibly even Banks if we are expecting to try and go 4 games in 4 days.  With no Galloway he is going to need more than Leal, Cupps, and Johnson as part of the rotation if they are looking ahead to playing Sunday.

Also, Banks is clearly gone.  Gunn still seems to be somewhat involved in celebrating good things for the team but Banks is almost completely checked out on the bench.

this is what worries me even about tonight.  without Galloway and the 7 guys who played a ton of minutes last night will have to do the same tonight.  i think i'd sneak sparks in for like 2 game minutes in the 1st half.  do it around a timeout and/or free throws to maximize it.  i guess maybe the same with Gunn?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I think we'll see it at times...

But I also think Nebraska has a better coach than Penn State...Rhodes relies on chaos for his teams to win...Hoiberg is as good at Xs and Os than any coach in the Big 10...

He also relies on his little guard getting hot and lighting it up, but Wilcher scares me more. He seems to come off the bench against us, and immediately start knocking down 3s.

27 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Pretty sad for me at least that I’m hoping IU wins not as much because I’m an IU fan but because I would look forward to reading the history of analytics and metrics all over again!

i'm not sure if you're a true fan.  i'm confused these days.  

2 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

I was about to say… hopefully Woodson has figured out who the “little guard” is by this point. It’s not like he’s second team all big ten or anything 

And, not like we haven’t seen him 2x this year.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Bronko's Keys to the Game:

• Slow and ugly wins the race
  • Make Nebraska's shooters uncomfortable
  • Get 20+ each from Taco & Ware

Don't forget about the opportunistic fire alarm.

• Like 2

XJ needs to go to work on D on their “little guard” who has been the best player on the floor.  Tominaga was just toying with the younger Cupps.  Maybe XJ can cover him but he is going to have to go out on him and not worry about the drive as our scheme normally is set up to do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

Bronko's Keys to the Game:

• Slow and ugly wins the race
  • Make Nebraska's shooters uncomfortable
  • Get 20+ each from Taco & Ware

In my opinion I think the key to the game is to score more points than Nebraska. If this happens then I think we have a good shot to win.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Just don't let Tominaga beat us tonight.

I'm more of a let Tominaga get his kind of guy and clamp down on the other 4 players. Tominaga can't win it by himself. 

edit: Tominaga gonna drop 50 points tonight because I opened my dumb mouth.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
I'm an idiot
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

XJ needs to go to work on D on their “little guard” who has been the best player on the floor.  Tominaga was just toying with the younger Cupps.  Maybe XJ can cover him but he is going to have to go out on him and not worry about the drive as our scheme normally is set up to do.  

We seem to forget we have an outstanding rim protector. Let Tominaga drive and try to shoot over him

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

We seem to forget we have an outstanding rim protector. Let Tominaga drive and try to shoot over him

Exactly.  And X is a very good on-ball defender with a ton of experience.  Tominaga schooled Cupps with his movement, cuts, and overall savvy.  As long as X stays out of foul trouble, he should give Tominaga problems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Exactly.  And X is a very good on-ball defender with a ton of experience.  Tominaga schooled Cupps with his movement, cuts, and overall savvy.  As long as X stays out of foul trouble, he should give Tominaga problems.

Agree, but Cupps did a really good job keeping Baldwin in front of him last night. Best defense he’s played this year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I say and have before (while people called this idea stupid, and probably is...) Face up guard Keisei (and Eddie on PU) the entire 90'. Never get more then 6" away from them. It'll cause fouls, but it'll also draw fouls and frustration. 

Shuckers get a Dfensive rebound, face up keisei, make him fight through you. Never let him breath. The rest of the game is 4 on 4.

It's never a war crime the first time you do it.

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Like 2