BTT Nebraska Game Thread

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

Nebraska can fill it up from deep. Mbako the only one that showed up? Malik is a walking turnover. Has Ware shot more than twice? Does anyone else cringe when they watch this team?

they gave me a head ache from cringing.

• Like 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

We win ugly games.  Nebraska is definitely not playing ugly tonight.

As much as I want to hate it since it’s against us, that was some beautiful basketball on both ends from Nebraska. It might just be that they’re hitting a lot of shots, but they look even better than when we played them earlier in the year. Could be a dangerous tourney team.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this can't be on Mike Woodson.  he doesn't take the shots or make plays.  he has done his job.  if you're questioning him you are not a true fan.  

Also, he had to cope with loss of 6yr PG XJ.  Really hindered development of the team.  

Whoever is actually in charge at IU needs to request an autopsy of the program. Hire a team of former coaches to analyze why they can't find success over multiple decades. 

Is it lacking facilities? Is it NIL? Is it negative recruiting? Is it the trainers? Is it coaching searches? Is it those close to the program creating issues? Anything and everything related to the program should be reviewed because something is wrong.

• Like 1

Another time when benching a player with two fouls killed us. Even though Reneau wasn't playing great it was still close until we took him out with his 2nd foul. Took Johnson out as well so what was he saving them for

Just now, Kdug said:

As much as I want to hate it since it’s against us, that was some beautiful basketball on both ends from Nebraska. It might just be that they’re hitting a lot of shots, but they look even better than when we played them earlier in the year. Could be a dangerous tourney team.

I honestly would rather lose like this instead of both teams playing like crap and losing something like 59-52.

You said it well.  That was a beautiful half by Nebraska.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Another time when benching a player with two fouls killed us. Even though Reneau wasn't playing great it was still close until we took him out with his 2nd foul. Took Johnson out as well so what was he saving them for

Maybe for the 2nd half? Lol. Games/season over. Can’t end soon enough. Chaulk up another 15+ loss in the Woodson era.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

this can't be on Mike Woodson.  he doesn't take the shots or make plays.  he has done his job.  if you're questioning him you are not a true fan.  

We are all suppose to be sheep and follow the herd. Nobody should question the product on the floor. He’s doing a bang up job the 3rd time around playing the same team with the same game plan and same results. 4.2 million…for stellar on court play and results. 

Season over. See ya next year. Much like the OSU players have proven... We are at their mercy and as long as they are paid, with no results .... They are trash humans, never to be trusted EVER again. Once you sell your soul, you can never buy it back. Burn in hell, ass you agreed to.

Once again the thrash ruins the life of the righteous. Sad! Rebell now !! 

5 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Not going to beat just about any team when they're shooting like this. Tip your cap and move on. Get to work on building a team capable of going off like this in turn.

Nebraska has more points off just threes than we have total points. 12 makes in a game is more than they average per game, and it's only halftime.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Yeah, we aren’t playing well, but sometimes teams are just on fire. 

This is live by the three, die by the three offense. Tonight, they’re burning up the nets, but there’s going to be a game in the near future where they’ll lose because of it.

The key is balance. What is most effective is a blend of both these teams.

It works well against IU because we never have 5 guys in the floor working as a unit.  So, double and triple teams become a deadly weapon.    Why don’t we try to trap tominga once in awhile?    Where is that smothering XJ defender?

• Like 1

Guys.  We could have played our best half of basketball and still been trailing.  We're a mediocre team playing against an opponent that is shooting out their ass.  

And, not to go unnoticed, but Nebraska is playing great D.

Judge the overall season any way you want, but dont overreact to this game.  Nebraska would probably be up 10-12 points on Purdue tonight.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Maedhros said:

Nebraska has more points off just threes than we have total points. 12 makes in a game is more than they average per game, and it's only halftime.

Nebraska with like what? 1/2 our season 3-point output just in the 1st half?

Just now, 5fouls said:

I honestly would rather lose like this instead of both teams playing like crap and losing something like 59-52.

You said it well.  That was a beautiful half by Nebraska.

I hope Nebraska and Purdue both make deep runs in the NCAA tourney. The B1G has been so disrespected for too long now. If Nebraska plays like this they will be a tough out.

• Like 1

Other team's are comfortable when playing IIU. Too comfortable. I'd put Soarks in and run their guards into pick until he fouls out. If your going to get crushed on the scoreboard  make them pay for it on the court. I wouldn't sit back and watch them having a party.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

Whoever is actually in charge at IU needs to request an autopsy of the program. Hire a team of former coaches to analyze why they can't find success over multiple decades. 

Is it lacking facilities? Is it NIL? Is it negative recruiting? Is it the trainers? Is it coaching searches? Is it those close to the program creating issues? Anything and everything related to the program should be reviewed because something is wrong.

My hunch. Coaching searches.   

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Can we for once have a good shooter next year? Will Woodson even utilize him properly? Or will we continue to play this ugly style 

Who is going to want to come as a shooter in THIS offense?  Maybe if you pay someone enough I guess but even then this offense is trash.