BTT Nebraska Game Thread

Everyone is playing poorly tonight, but it’s felt like Malik has had a string of poor games to end the season - including tonight. Really feels like he’s been committing a lot of silly turnovers and forcing up very difficult shots, and his defense has been poor.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

It is obvious Woodson can't figure out his w Nebraska is defending us. We look so lost when our bigs get double teamed. Our guys just stand around and don't cut to get open

Clearly no outside shooting is a massive factor. But our guys definitely are making no effort to avail themselves of the ball when the bigs get doubled. No assertive cutting, recognition of where the openings and lanes are in the D. Just watching paint dry out there off ball.

• Like 1

I love IU in probably an unhealthy way. I am so frickin tired of this being our March. That's my point and I'll be back on the positive train in a few weeks but good God.....Nebraska. Nebraska is doing this to us. Time to time out before I disrespect the board or anyone else. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Watching a lot of other teams and no other team runs an offense like our offense. Woodson has to have some humility and realize you can't run an offense through the post let alone two post men. Our guard play is brutal and no guard worth anything would want to play in this offense. We never get shooters an open look from the offense but it has to come from a kick out from the big's. Absolutely no player movement or off the ball screens. Woodson needs to watch Nebraska's offense to see what a college offense is supposed to look like. Hoiberg spent a lot of time in the NBA before getting his first college job but he actually knows what a modern offense is supposed to look like

Coach Knight wouldn't believe one of his former players would run an offense like this.

Yes. You are right about our awful offensive system….but does anyone really think Woodson will change? I don’t. It’s part of the reason why when we win, we win small, but lose, get absolutely destroyed. 3>>>2.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Honestly, how did Leal ever win Mr. Basketball? Admire his attitude and contributions as a teammate, but what the hell?

A lot of Mr. Basketballs did not have stellar college careers.  And, then you have Larry Bird finishing 4th.  Leal was the best player on the best team in the state.

Should Alford not been a college All-American just because he had a unremarkable pro career?

• Like 1

I know offense looks worse when shots don’t go in but the offense is especially stagnant tonight. I don’t know……..maybe some movement would help. A team with a pulse is going to attack the big men like crazy because of:

1. Poor shooting

2.  Terrible passing out of the post

3. No movement AT ALL. 

It is the 33rd game right. Nebraska’s shooting is crazy but IUs offense is beyond pitiful. Just wow. 

• Like 4

Getting crushed by a better team is not shocking. Watching the coach continue to run the same crap is unacceptable. 

Try inverting the offense. Put Ware up top and work through MM or let X drive . Do you have anything to muddy it up on defense? 

Or is it a matter of just accepting defeat?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NWOHoosier said:

I know offense looks worse when shots don’t go in but the offense is especially stagnant tonight. I don’t know……..maybe some movement would help. A team with a pulse is going to attack the big men like crazy because of:

1. Poor shooting

2.  Terrible passing out of the post

3. No movement AT ALL. 

It is the 33rd game right. Nebraska’s shooting is crazy but IUs offense is beyond pitiful. Just wow. 

It feels the lack of movement is especially noticeable tonight when contrasted against Nebraska’s constant movement.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

A lot of Mr. Basketballs did not have stellar college careers.  And, then you have Larry Bird finishing 4th.  Leal was the best player on the best team in the state.

Should Alford not been a college All-American just because he had a unremarkable pro career?

No argument. Guy just plays like he's walk-on level. Guess that kind of sums up our talent - particularly perimeter - compared to our competition.

Just now, Danomatic said:

IU needs a complete overhaul. They absolutely have to change their identity. 

Until there’s a different coach I don’t see that happening. Woodson is stubborn and thinks he knows better. 

• Like 1

And sadly we slipped into the Indiana offense that has 0.0% cohesion tonight. We have avoided this awful version of ourselves for a long stretch of games now, but we officially forgot how to play together as a team tonight. Not having Galloway hurts but still we forgot how to run pick and rolls at all or simply move the ball from side to side. It's first guy with a crappy shot just chuck it type of offense tonight. And though CJ Gunn just scored, he is the worst of the worst of being a chucker, which is perplexing being that he has shot 32% from the field this year.  

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I love IU in probably an unhealthy way. I am so frickin tired of this being our March. That's my point and I'll be back on the positive train in a few weeks but good God.....Nebraska. Nebraska is doing this to us. Time to time out before I disrespect the board or anyone else. 

but you want Woodson back right?