2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

I would love to have 40% 3pt shooters across the board but if my point guard is elite at breaking down the defense and finishing off the dribble or finding shooters…guard his position..and has high basketball IQ…sign me up. You can surround him with some shooters (if you go this route you need to have a hella of shooter at the other guard spot. 

He definitely has handles and great vision…shot needs to get tighter but like I said…coach him up on good shot selection and partner him with a great pick n roll partner and couple of shooters…he will be fine.

just stop with the 40% 3 pt shooting. It barely exists. There were 37 40% 3pt shooters and above in all of D1 college last year. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

so much for bitching and complaining about cancelled visits yesterday.  

Hickman.... in home visit

Walker... rescheduled..... why....... it appears for the in home visit for Hickman

Hatfield.. who knows. probably already found another home before he could get here. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

so much for bitching and complaining about cancelled visits yesterday.  

Hickman.... in home visit

Walker... rescheduled..... why....... it appears for the in home visit for Hickman

Hatfield.. who knows. probably already found another home before he could get here. 

Hatfield has narrowed down on 3 schools + return to UL

• Like 1

So... we asked Walker to reschedule (which it seems like he's going to), so we could guarantee a chance to meet with Hickman. I think that's smart. 

We don't technically have to hate EVERYTHING.

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Gotta wonder if Woodson told Hatfield we're not going to be an inside out team next year and that's why Hatfield ran away? Hatfield would have done extremely well under the system that Woodson put forth the last three years. I have no proof but I think Hatfield declining his visit most likely means Woodson and staff are actually changing the type of basketball we're going to play next year.

Additionally, Woodson going to Hickman's house supports the idea that they're changing the offense next year. Why else would he? Hickman has all the evidence to suggest his shooting and abilities wouldn't be utilized correctly based on the history of our offense. If you're going to Hickman's house you're selling him on something different and telling him he's going to be part of that change. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Gotta wonder if Woodson told Hatfield we're not going to be an inside out team next year and that's why Hatfield ran away? Hatfield would have done extremely well under the system that Woodson put forth the last three years. I have no proof but I think Hatfield declining his visit most likely means Woodson and staff are actually changing the type of basketball we're going to play next year.

Additionally, Woodson going to Hickman's house supports the idea that they're changing the offense next year. Why else would he? Hickman has all the evidence to suggest his shooting and abilities wouldn't be utilized correctly based on the history of our offense. If you're going to Hickman's house you're selling him on something different and telling him he's going to be part of that change. 

I dont mean to get into semantics, but it's a bit different. He didnt decline a meeting. He had one set up for after the off period, which means he did have interest. I'm pretty sure he just found another team. I think he has a top three right now.

16 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I dont mean to get into semantics, but it's a bit different. He didnt decline a meeting. He had one set up for after the off period, which means he did have interest. I'm pretty sure he just found another team. I think he has a top three right now.

I think the hope is that he setup the meeting thinking we were keeping the same offense and going to run a big man next to reneau again.

And then he cancelled it when finding out Woodson is changing things up and we really only have a backup center spot available.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I think the hope is that he setup the meeting thinking we were keeping the same offense and going to run a big man next to reneau again.

And then he cancelled it when finding out Woodson is changing things up and we really only have a backup center spot available.

Yes that's what I meant.

The schools he's interested are UConn, Louisville, NC State and Pittsburgh. All need a scoring ready big next year and all their starting bigs are either Seniors this year or going to be drafted. Seeing that Malik is going to be our scoring big I don't believe Hatfield saw himself getting the ball enough to score. Hatfield is also not coming off the bench. Also, we need a shot blocking big and Hatfield only averaged 0.8 per game which is slightly better than Malik.  

Edited by SawatchHoosier

35 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

At least by the information we're afforded through twitter... I think this is plausible, with no more bigs than we have contacted. 

7 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

The offense we're gonna have to run with Malik as the center...

tom-cean.gif

Crean's offense was pretty damn good, especially 2011-2013.  It was defense, the injury to Hulls and Tommy Too Tan's inability to adjust for Syracuse's zone that bit us. 

• Like 1

Jeff Borzello reports we've contacted Adou Thiero from Kentucky. Big guard who I think we gave a solid look at as a prep recruit, but he went from unranked to popping for Kentucky very quickly. Projected as a draft pick a year from now, so Woody may have some appeal here.

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

So... we asked Walker to reschedule (which it seems like he's going to), so we could guarantee a chance to meet with Hickman. I think that's smart. 

We don't technically have to hate EVERYTHING.

And yet somehow this thread has manifested into ripping on Malik? Very odd, very lame. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1