March Madness 2024

12 hours ago, Sea Turtle said:

At least the big ten will finally win it all now. 

Having said that, every person who is responsible for our embarrassing program should be forced to attend the final four wearing purdue gear. 

It's been a while since I visited a Purdue board. Do they have Indiana fans on there pretending to actually be Purdue fans? Because that would be super embarrassing.

Look. I agree with you. There's a lot about the Purdue program that should embarrass anyone. Fletcher Loyer's flop. Mason Gillis's DUI. Zach Edey's elbows and truck sticking people in the lane. A large surplus of guys who unfortunately Look Like That. But you just made a Final Four! Probably the first in your lifetime! Cheer up! It's not like those previous three years, when you embarrassingly lost to a double digit seed, right? At least that won't happen again...

right?

Edited by Maedhros
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

It's been a while since I visited a Purdue board. Do they have Indiana fans on there pretending to actually be Purdue fans? Because that would be super embarrassing.

Look. I agree with you. There's a lot about the Purdue program that should embarrass anyone. 

right?

There’s pictures of Edey supposedly hitting on high schoolers on Reddit and Twitter. I have no idea if they’re true or not. Not going to link anything here but things being posted about Purdue lately are wild. I actually hope they’re not true cause Edey seems like a nice dude. 

Edited by SawatchHoosier

50 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

There’s pictures of Edey supposedly hitting on high schoolers on Reddit and Twitter. I have no idea if they’re true or not. Not going to link anything here but things being posted about Purdue lately are wild. I actually hope they’re not true cause Edey seems like a nice dude. 

image.jpeg

Edited by JHS4DAWIN
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

Look. I agree with you. There's a lot about the Purdue program that should embarrass anyone. Fletcher Loyer's flop. Mason Gillis's DUI. Zach Edey's elbows and truck sticking people in the lane. A large surplus of guys who unfortunately Look Like That. But you just made a Final Four! Probably the first in your lifetime! Cheer up! It's not like those previous three years, when you embarrassingly lost to a double digit seed, right? At least that won't happen again...

right?

Loyer has reached Sasha flopping levels 

• Haha 2

Congrats to the Boilers on their first final 4 in a long time. Going to be quite a battle vs UConn in the title game. Not sure I really want either team to win, but if Purdue does then at least we can stop having to hear about how bad the Big Ten is due to the Natty drought.

Went to both games at the Garden, nothing quite like being surrounded by UConn fans while your team gives up a 0-30 run. 🤮 Thursday was more fun but didn't get home until almost 2 am.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:41 PM, dgambill said:

Gotta get there. But tourney really rewarded UConn and Purdue. Put them super close to home all the way to the final four…and gave them teams in their bracket that they’ve either beat before or matched up well with. It was a good draw for both. 

Yeah, that's the idea behind seeding the tournament, give the teams that have had the best season the best chance to advance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Gas station version of Shaq has no chance. 

Purdue did it the right way, I give them credit. A bunch of Indiana Boys and a 7 foot center nobody wanted. 

Painter is a heck of a scout and coach.

Yes and it only took him 19 years!

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes and it only took him 19 years!

If they win it all this year (gag), he'll be in good company. Pitino 14 years,  Self 15, Coach K 16, Roy Williams 17, Wooden 18, Cal 20, Dean Smith 21, Tark 22, Jay Wright 22, Calhoun 27. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

If they win it all this year (gag), he'll be in good company. Pitino 14 years,  Self 15, Coach K 16, Roy Williams 17, Wooden 18, Cal 20, Dean Smith 21, Tark 22, Jay Wright 22, Calhoun 27. 

Woodson only gets 3!

5 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

At IU he would have been gone in 2014...

1 hour ago, Sea Turtle said:

Gas station version of Shaq has no chance. 

Purdue did it the right way, I give them credit. A bunch of Indiana Boys and a 7 foot center nobody wanted. 

Painter is a heck of a scout and coach.

Let's not forget Painter almost left for Mizzou and Purdue fans were okay with it at the time. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Woodson only gets 3!

Calhoun is the oldest coach to win an NCAA title at age 68, but he'd been at UConn for 25 years and already won two titles. He retired at age 70. Jay Wright retired at 60, Wooden retired at 64, Dean Smith at 66 and Roy Williams at 70. All had been at their schools a long time. Pitino is an outlier going to Iona when he was 67 and St Johns when he was 70, but he would never have left Louisville where he'd been for 16 years. 

Mike Woodson really doesn't have enough time. It would be an unprecedented event for him, at his age and tenure of CBB coaching, to win a title at IU in the next three seasons. 

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Calhoun is the oldest coach to win an NCAA title at age 68, but he'd been at UConn for 25 years and already won two titles. He retired at age 70. Jay Wright retired at 60, Wooden retired at 64, Dean Smith at 66 and Roy Williams at 70. All had been at their schools a long time. Pitino is an outlier going to Iona when he was 67 and St Johns when he was 70, but he would never have left Louisville where he'd been for 16 years. 

Mike Woodson really doesn't have enough time. It would be an unprecedented event for him, at his age and tenure of CBB coaching, to win a title at IU in the next three seasons. 

How old was Jim Larranaga last year?

You get to the FF, you have a shot...