IU Basketball Schedule '24/25

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll see how life with Edey goes but yes...down from where you've been. Guess I should have pointed out the obvious.

Didn’t want to assume that’s what you meant but I figured it was. Oh it’ll be a lot different but I’m excited to see what they look like. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, btownqb said:

boring

I get where you’re coming from. However, knowing you are a strong supporter of non-revenue sports I wonder why you are so against buy games? Most of these schools that is there entire AD budget?!🤷🏼‍♂️

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I get where you’re coming from. However, knowing you are a strong supporter of non-revenue sports I wonder why you are so against buy games? Most of these schools that is there entire AD budget?!🤷🏼‍♂️

I don't find their lack of revenue to be our concern. 

"I wonder why you are so against buy games?"--- I just don't enjoy watching us play FGCU, Army, Wright St, etc. 

I prefer to watch us play-- Auburn, Kansas, UL, UCONN, Nebraska, Ohio St, etc 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"I wonder why you are so against buy games?"--- I just don't enjoy watching us play FGCU, Army, Wright St, etc. 

Like I said, I get where you are coming from. On the other hand I think helping small school athletics is very important!:cheers:

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Like I said, I get where you are coming from. On the other hand I think helping small school athletics is very important!:cheers:

All I'm saying--- those schools have way more money than what's allotted to these teams. Colleges/universities suck people dry for money, literally, all of them do. 100K is chunk change compared to the worth of these universities. 

Last I'm going down this rabbit hole, but those schools should fork over more money so their sports teams can operate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

conceptually I whole heartedly agree with this sentiment. As of late, I waiver a bit from this purely due to getting curb stomped by 30.

Separate thought.... I wonder if anyone as the foresight to possibly schedule these games in the future for the following year's transfer portal market for good players able to make the jump from mid-major to P6

• Like 4

19 hours ago, ledies22 said:

conceptually I whole heartedly agree with this sentiment. As of late, I waiver a bit from this purely due to getting curb stomped by 30.

Separate thought.... I wonder if anyone as the foresight to possibly schedule these games in the future for the following year's transfer portal market for good players able to make the jump from mid-major to P6

I’d play schools with guys that we might want to target…get them in the Hall…little friendly recruiting handshake and compliments…it’s like a free official visit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’d play schools with guys that we might want to target…get them in the Hall…little friendly recruiting handshake and compliments…it’s like a free official visit.

That could work until the boo-birds come out when we only beat a team by 6 that the crowd thinks we should be by 30.  

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

boring

I think we have plenty of strong out of conference games typically. We will be in the invitational tournament, we will be scheduling UK following year and we’ve had the Auburn/Kansas teams and I’m sure we will line up a couple this year as well.  
it’s about building your team up to be ready for conference and tournament play. You want them peaking and you need to build up confidence and work out a lot of the roster quirks. A lot of times these are also done as friendly gestures to an AD or perhaps coach as well. I know this one won’t be super exciting but I look forward to these games and using them to tinker with lineups and get our young guys playing time.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

That could work until the boo-birds come out when we only beat a team by 6 that the crowd thinks we should be by 30.  

Well if I’m an AD and my coach is struggling like that…then I definitely don’t want to play UConn or Kansas etc…we will get exposed and I’ll probably be out of a job. Fact that stuff happens is not because of one particular game…its because the fans see a history and a team trending in the wrong direction and a coach that hasn’t put a good product on the floor…whether recruiting or from his job in practicing. If I’m worried about boo birds then I probably have the wrong coach and/or a poor team…but what is the alternative…play good teams and get blown out?? I like playing solid or well coached mid major teams…no I don’t want to get beat but I like to test my teams and then see my teams talent pull away in the second half. I’d rather not schedule all 300 level teams that don’t help your team…and I don’t think Eastern Illinois is a strong team but probably a middling team in their conference. Can’t schedule all big dogs.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I was at the game we played against them in Assembly Hall in 1973...They had a good team with Brian Winters, Mike Dunleavy, and some kid named Alex English 🙂 

We smoked them... Abernathy went like 10-10 from the floor...

I was there as well.  While hearing South Carolina doesn't evoke thoughts of "marquee" home game opponent they did finish 1 game behind Tennessee for the SEC regular season championship last year and seem to be on an upward trajectory under 3rd year coach Lamont Paris. And, as a season ticket holder, I welcome this game vs another 300 level opponent the likes of North Alabama, Bethune Cookman, Elon, etc, etc, etc......

Go Hoosiers!!!!! 

Edited by eddy4iu
  • Like 1