• Like 2

The Full Monty :) 

ILLINOIS
Home: Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA, USC
Away: Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, Rutgers, Washington
Home/Away: Michigan State, Northwestern, Wisconsin

INDIANA
Home: Illinois, Maryland Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers, UCLA, USC
Away: Iowa, Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Oregon, Washington, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue

IOWA
Home: Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, Washington
Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers, UCLA, USC
Home/Away: Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin

MARYLAND
Home: Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Rutgers, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Away: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, Washington
Home/Away: Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State

MICHIGAN
Home: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Northwestern, Oregon, Penn State, Washington
Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Michigan State, Purdue, Rutgers

MICHIGAN STATE
Home: Indiana, Nebraska, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, Washington, Wisconsin

Away: Iowa, Maryland, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, UCLA, USC
Home/Away: Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota

MINNESOTA
Home: Illinois, Michigan, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oregon, Purdue, Washington
Away: Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Nebraska, Rutgers, UCLA, USC
Home/Away: Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin

NEBRASKA
Home: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Rutgers, UCLA, USC
Away: Michigan State, Northwestern, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, Washington, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Iowa, Maryland, Ohio State 

NORTHWESTERN
Home: Indiana, Michigan State, Nebraska, Rutgers, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Away: Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue, Washington
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Maryland

OHIO STATE
Home: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Oregon, Rutgers, Washington
Away: Illinois, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska

OREGON

Home: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

Away: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

Home/Away: UCLA, USC, Washington

PENN STATE
Home: Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oregon, Purdue, Washington
Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers

PURDUE
Home: Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Away: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, Oregon, Penn State, Washington
Home/Away: Indiana, Michigan, Rutgers

RUTGERS
Home: Illinois, Iowa, Michigan State, Minnesota, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin
Away: Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oregon, Washington
Home/Away: Michigan, Penn State, Purdue

UCLA

Home: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

Away: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

Home/Away: Oregon, USC, Washington

USC

Home: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

Away: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

Home/Away: Oregon, UCLA, Washington

WASHINGTON

Home: Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

Away: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin

Home/Away: Oregon, UCLA, USC

WISCONSIN
Home: Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Washington

Away: Maryland, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers, UCLA, USC
Home/Away: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That’s interesting that all of the old PAC12 teams have each other as their double plays.  I’m assuming they won’t do that each year?  Does each team have one protected team they play home/away every year)?  I’d guess UCLA/USC and Oregon/Washington would be those but would think they’d mix it up other than this first year for the others.  

56 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

That’s interesting that all of the old PAC12 teams have each other as their double plays.  I’m assuming they won’t do that each year?  Does each team have one protected team they play home/away every year)?  I’d guess UCLA/USC and Oregon/Washington would be those but would think they’d mix it up other than this first year for the others.  

IDK. It makes sense for travel

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Well duh changing the court to say big ten instead of pac 12

The way I could expertly fix grades when I was in school, I could a done that with a Sharpie 🙂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

There are way too many B1G teams. Having a 20 game schedule with only three home and homes is ridiculous. Conference regular season is meaningless. No way you can balance the schedules 

Yep, I think about the only way you can fairly award now is through the Big Ten tournament.

17 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

There are way too many B1G teams. Having a 20 game schedule with only three home and homes is ridiculous. Conference regular season is meaningless. No way you can balance the schedules 

Use metrics and the NET rankings 😁

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I'd prefer to go with a 24/26 games conference schedule... I don't understand, I have never understood, why P5 schools need to play 7 games and 2 exhibitions against Harvard, Kennesaw St, UIndy, North Alabama, FGCU, Morehead St, Wright St, FGCU, and Marian. Shit is boring to me. 

Dump the exhibitions totally-- we played 31 games last year--- make that 33 games (including the exhibitions)--- 24 conference games-- you'd go from 3 home and homes to 7. 

9 non-conference? Could go 26 conference games and then you'd get 9 home and homes (over half the league), and you'd have 7 non-conf games.... schedule 3-4 cupcakes and then 3-4 big times games/tourneys. 

What's wrong with this route? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

At first glance here's my thoughts.

Not worried about the home only games. Unless someone on that list is going to be significantly better we should be fine. The away only seems favorable as Iowa, Sconny, Northwestern, and Washington lost some people. Not sure on Oregon or Sparty.

Purdue will be down but still a rival, Penn St not worried about and Ohio St seems to be doing pretty good this offseason.

All in all. We've had far worse. Now it's just up to the scheduling Gods and avoid those stretches. I'm really hoping for like Oregon and Washington we do a Friday/Sunday or whatever. Just get them both in same weekend.

Top 15 preseason is down?  Sure it’s down from a NC appearance but wouldn’t call it down overall. 

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Top 15 preseason is down?  Sure it’s down from a NC appearance but wouldn’t call it down overall. 

I think he meant in terms of losing the 7'4" reigning NPOY 2 years in a row, which cannot be replaced. Not a little miss there. He hid a lot of flaws. Purdue will have to completely change their style of play. How that pans out. no one knows as of yet. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I'd prefer to go with a 24/26 games conference schedule... I don't understand, I have never understood, why P5 schools need to play 7 games and 2 exhibitions against Harvard, Kennesaw St, UIndy, North Alabama, FGCU, Morehead St, Wright St, FGCU, and Marian. Shit is boring to me. 

Dump the exhibitions totally-- we played 31 games last year--- make that 33 games (including the exhibitions)--- 24 conference games-- you'd go from 3 home and homes to 7. 

9 non-conference? Could go 26 conference games and then you'd get 9 home and homes (over half the league), and you'd have 7 non-conf games.... schedule 3-4 cupcakes and then 3-4 big times games/tourneys. 

What's wrong with this route? 

More home games = more money. That is why you see all these money games early in the season. Also teams do this to get more wins to pad their resume

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

More home games = more money. That is why you see all these money games early in the season. Also teams do this to get more wins to pad their resume

The bold doesn't make any sense to me. Play 24+ conference games and the ability to pad anything will be lost. 

I would guess conference home games make quite a bit more money than non-conf games, and you'd be getting, at least, two more of those. I still see very little need to have 9 games between the teams I mentioned, including the two exhibitions (which dear god are the biggest waste of 80 mins per year)... 

"more games" ==== dump the exhibitions and add two conference games. That at minimum is a route I would take. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We'll see how life with Edey goes but yes...down from where you've been. Guess I should have pointed out the obvious.

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

I think he meant in terms of losing the 7'4" reigning NPOY 2 years in a row, which cannot be replaced. Not a little miss there. He hid a lot of flaws. Purdue will have to completely change their style of play. How that pans out. no one knows as of yet. 

Don’t discount the loss of Lance Jones! The only guard that could truly go off the bounce. IMO🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Don’t discount the loss of Lance Jones! The only guard that could truly go off the bounce. IMO🤷‍♂️

and a dawg defender. 

Also Gillis. Not a stat stuffer. 21 min/game. Dirty work. provided help everywhere... D, boards, 3 point.

Edited by ledies22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Did you watch Smith? He was able to get past almost any defender last year.