Pacers vs Cavs Series

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Nate, but why go away from Corey Joseph late in the 4th? He was playing some good basketball, especially on the defensive end. I just feel like we can chalk this one up as inexperienced. 

I’d like for us to really attack the basket for the remainder of the postseason. I think that we settled too much for jumpers. Way too much iso ball and zero sets, moving without the basketball. 

Game 5 is going to be extremely difficult but this Cleveland team just don’t have the horses to run away from us. So I expect another battle. I’d say that whoever wins this next game almost certainly wins the series. Vic has got to attack, because him going to the hole creates so many opportunities.

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

Again maybe 1 or 2 bad shots.. and only had 3 TOs.. I think all of them were in the first half. He wasn't good in the first half. 

Forcing high degree of difficulty shots equal bad shots to me.  I think offensively we need to move the ball faster and work to get some easier looks.  As good as 2nd half game 3 adjustments were, pacers really have failed to get Vic easier looks.  I don't count when Vic has to get a shot up at the end of the shot clock.  

There is only a handful of guys ever to play the game that could consistently hit some of the shots he took.  

10 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I'm honestly a little disappointed in the crowd. It doesn't seem near as intense as game 3. Figured with all the great atmosphere our college programs have in Indiana that Indy would be lit. 

From watching the other playoff games Milwaukee, OKC, Utah, And Toronto all seem to have louder crowds 

It is because I was there go game 3 and not game 4.

Vic took a lot of bad shots last night and we have went away form the style of offense that made us successful this year.  We use to move the ball and had great player movement but lately we are trying to do to much one on one stuff.  Also giving up 38 points to Korver/Clarkson and Green was the reason we lost and not Lebron.

We had 25 assists on 40 made field goals. The notion that we just went one on one all night is simply not true. Could we have had a better offense at times? Sure, that is probably true for every team to ever play but 62.5% of your baskets coming off of assists is not bad ball movement. 

21 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think a guy like Clint Capela could work very well for Pacers. Pacers won't ever get the huge free agent I agree....but add guys like Capela and continue hope we hit on draft night. Donnie did it that way. Only reason Pacers didn't have multiple NBA titles was some dude named Michael up in Chicago.

Actually the Bulls only knocked the Pacers out of the playoffs once, so the Pacers would only have a max of one title lost due to Jordan.

10 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Actually the Bulls only knocked the Pacers out of the playoffs once, so the Pacers would only have a max of one title lost due to Jordan.

Yeah, the Knicks were more of a thorn than the Bulls were.  However, I think the best Pacer team was the one that got beat by the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals.

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Forcing high degree of difficulty shots equal bad shots to me.  I think offensively we need to move the ball faster and work to get some easier looks.  As good as 2nd half game 3 adjustments were, pacers really have failed to get Vic easier looks.  I don't count when Vic has to get a shot up at the end of the shot clock.  

There is only a handful of guys ever to play the game that could consistently hit some of the shots he took.  

But he's been taking basically all of those shots all year.. when he's taking the shots the others are in position to get the Oreb. Cleveland's D was good. I've seen all 86 games, VO is basically the only one that can get his own shot. We do need to continue to utilize the pick and roll with DC and Turner and Lance and Sabonis. DC won't have an off shooting night. 

1 minute ago, rico said:

Yeah, the Knicks were more of a thorn than the Bulls were.  However, I think the best Pacer team was the one that got beat by the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Agree x2.

LJ's 4 point phantom foul dribble continuation play, Kobe's game 4 OT performance in the Finals, Prince's block on Reggie are the title-hope killing plays that come to my mind.

Phil putting Pippen on Mark Jackson really hurt us vs. the Bulls in 98. I agree that was our best team and the Bulls were vulnerable due to fatigue of winning the previous 2 championships (playing until June/extra games)

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I noticed no more one on one then we have had all year. Bottom line one on one is going to happen in the NBA.. it's a 24 sec shot clock. 

It's not even bad offense when it happens a lot of the time. If you get a switch and a good matchup you can kill teams that way if your spacing is good. 

Not dropping breaking news here or anything, but this series basically comes down to Game 5 for the Pacers. Lose that game and I think it's pretty much over. I bet the Pacers win Game 6 at home, but I don't see LeBron losing a Game 7 at home to this Pacers team. Don't get me wrong, super impressed with the Pacers and of course super impressed with Vic this season, but a Game 7 in Cleveland seems like one of those "learning experience" games for a young team led by a sort of new star in Vic. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not dropping breaking news here or anything, but this series basically comes down to Game 5 for the Pacers. Lose that game and I think it's pretty much over. I bet the Pacers win Game 6 at home, but I don't see LeBron losing a Game 7 at home to this Pacers team. Don't get me wrong, super impressed with the Pacers and of course super impressed with Vic this season, but a Game 7 in Cleveland seems like one of those "learning experience" games for a young team led by a sort of new star in Vic. 

No doubt. Agree. 

49 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I noticed no more one on one then we have had all year. Bottom line one on one is going to happen in the NBA.. it's a 24 sec shot clock. 

Well McMillian disagree with you point of view about the offense and how it was ran last nigh.

22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the game last night was the must win game for the Pacers.  No chance they’re winning two of the next three against the Cavs with Games 5 and 7 in Cleveland, unfortunately.  Still, taking the series to 6 or 7 games is a decent accomplishment in its own right.  Hopefully Vic can end the series on a strong note, he’s been struggling since that explosion in Game 1.

1 minute ago, Danomatic said:

My problem with the iso ball was the timing. I have no issues with Vic shooting the ball, just wish they would have ran through a couple of sets towards the end.

Probably right. I can remember one really bad possession. Early on we missed a ton of good looks and FTs, yet no one remembers those. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Add in Smith's heave and Clarksons 2 or 3 ridiculous shots. Sigh 

I’d throw in Korver catching fire in the 4th but that doesn’t really surprise me. How about Lance and his ridiculous traveling violation at the most opportune time? 

Archived