Pacers vs Cavs Series

14 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I’m sure that AG could play either position. Aaaand I really like Bog, but Jefferson, GR3 and Joe Young can find work elsewhere. Get us some more Hoosiers and watch the chemistry soar to another level. Don’t get me wrong, I like GR3. I just think that he hasn’t given me any inclination that he’s anything more than a bench guy that can produce on occasion. 

I love what 85% of our roster brings to the table though!

As an IU and Pacer fan I really don't care where the players come from and I want the Pacers to get the best players possible.  I really couldn't care less if they come from IU or any other college.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Don't underestimate how valuable Thad Young is to this team.  

Honestly, the starting 5 for the Pacers next year needs to be the same as this season.  

Sabonis and Lance are bench pieces that must be back.  I would like Joseph back as well, but he is probably the easiest to replace among the Top 8 in the rotation.  

I'm hoping any roster changes that do occur are outside of those 8 players. 

The only place I disagree with you is that I truly hope Lance is not on the team next year.  I might be the only Pacers fans to dislike Lance but I just can't stand watching him play.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The only place I disagree with you is that I truly hope Lance is not on the team next year.  I might be the only Pacers fans to dislike Lance but I just can't stand watching him play.

Lance adds a special intangible that I think is key to the team's success.  Unorthodox, certainly.  But, while his act did not work at all with the other teams he has played on, for some reason, it works in Indiana.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As an IU and Pacer fan I really don't care where the players come from and I want the Pacers to get the best players possible.  I really couldn't care less if they come from IU or any other college.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I'm going to take counterpoint to a couple of your posts...

If the talent is equal, I care a LOT about where the players come from. Former IU players generate a lot of fan interest and that drives ticket sales as well.  If the Pacers are led by Vic instead of PG, I'm much more interested even if Vic's team is not a bit better than PG's.  An intangible extra benefit of former local players is, I suspect they dig even deeper and try a little harder when playing for the "home" team.  Fan support likely also provides an extra lift.

...and on Lance, I think you're letting his history color your perception.  There will always be a little Lance in Lance's game, but I think he's come a long way in maturing and after reading a recent interview, I came away with a little more appreciation for Lance than before. Lance feels a lot of loyalty to the Pacer organization and admitted leaving them last time was a mistake.  He seems very happy to be a Pacer and the level of on-court antics seems significantly toned down.  For the level of talent he has, he's plenty cheap and seems to be at his best as a Pacer.  Frankly, I laughed my arse off when he blew in LeBron's ear during the playoffs. Yeah, it was silly, but he's been in LeBron's head ever since and I personally think that's great.  He's no different for the Pacers than Will Sheehey was for IU (the Purdue flexing) and I'm OK with having a little of that on the Pacers.  I think it gives them a mental edge than just being a bunch of nice guys with some talent.

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think a guy like Clint Capela could work very well for Pacers. Pacers won't ever get the huge free agent I agree....but add guys like Capela and continue hope we hit on draft night. Donnie did it that way. Only reason Pacers didn't have multiple NBA titles was some dude named Michael up in Chicago.

David West is the perfect example of the type of FA the Pacers can bring in that can be difference makers. 

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm going to take counterpoint to a couple of your posts...

If the talent is equal, I care a LOT about where the players come from. Former IU players generate a lot of fan interest and that drives ticket sales as well.  If the Pacers are led by Vic instead of PG, I'm much more interested even if Vic's team is not a bit better than PG's.  An intangible extra benefit of former local players is, I suspect they dig even deeper and try a little harder when playing for the "home" team.  Fan support likely also provides an extra lift.

...and on Lance, I think you're letting his history color your perception.  There will always be a little Lance in Lance's game, but I think he's come a long way in maturing and after reading a recent interview, I came away with a little more appreciation for Lance than before. Lance feels a lot of loyalty to the Pacer organization and admitted leaving them last time was a mistake.  He seems very happy to be a Pacer and the level of on-court antics seems significantly toned down.  For the level of talent he has, he's plenty cheap and seems to be at his best as a Pacer.  Frankly, I laughed my arse off when he blew in LeBron's ear during the playoffs. Yeah, it was silly, but he's been in LeBron's head ever since and I personally think that's great.  He's no different for the Pacers than Will Sheehey was for IU (the Purdue flexing) and I'm OK with having a little of that on the Pacers.  I think it gives them a mental edge than just being a bunch of nice guys with some talent.

I was at the game on Friday and Lance killed us in that game and just make stupid plays.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was at the game on Friday and Lance killed us in that game and just make stupid plays.

Lance is our 8th best player who avgs 9p 5r 3a in 23 mins and brings a crazy amount of energy, especially at home. He's going no where. 

Archived