Pacers vs Cavs Series

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst coaching in crunch time I’ve ever seen. Who puts the ball in VO’s hands with the win on the line after how awful he’s played the past two games. Then to double down on inept, you don’t double LeBron and foul him before he could get a shot off? Whatever man. What would ya say...ya do here?

We can debate the call (goal tending)...but one team has Lebron one doesn't. Call me the eternal optimist but it's taking 44 point games and buzzer beating shots by Lebron to send this series back to Indy for Game 6. Big picture....this is year 1 of Pritchard/Vic and Gang....good times ahead. Let's get this one Friday night.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We can debate the call (goal tending)...but one team has Lebron one doesn't. Call me the eternal optimist but it's taking 44 point games and buzzer beating shots by Lebron to send this series back to Indy for Game 6. Big picture....this is year 1 of Pritchard/Vic and Gang....good times ahead. Let's get this one Friday night.

There's no debating that it was a goal tend. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

There's no debating that it was a goal tend. 

This. And I love how people say “well Pacers would’ve still lost by one” without realizing that things would’ve been way different if we were up 2. Could he have still hit the shot? Of course, but it was far from a certainty as I’m sure the defensive strategy would’ve been different. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

How isn’t it reviewable?!

That's what Calabro is saying right now. Pacers locker room is hot/ticked off...several off camera remarks saying total BS. Said it earlier. It's what makes the NBA hard to stomach and watch. Almost like a home Patriot playoff game. 

As far as I can tell it wasn't a play that could be reviewable because it wasn't called goaltending on the court. So they could review the previous OOB play because of how it was called but not a shot that directly impacted the game. Nice rules guys. Can't wait for Adam Silver and league to put out a statement tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Maybe if he uses his left hand there, you know, like we were taught to do in elementary school, he avoids the block. Of course, given that he's hit just 20% of his shots in the last two games, he probably still would have missed it.

Wow

50 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Maybe if he uses his left hand there, you know, like we were taught to do in elementary school, he avoids the block. Of course, given that he's hit just 20% of his shots in the last two games, he probably still would have missed it.

He put the ball on the corner of the glass, it had zero chance of going in, goaltending or not but the call was still missed. Should never have been in that situation. The easy play call is to clear out, drive to the basket, dish to who ever LeBron was supposed to guard (you know he’s going to leave bis assignment to go for the block) and take the jumper leaving little to no time on the clock. Make it and go home for game 6 series win or miss and play for overtime. It’s really not that difficult. No coach who knows what he’s doing and has control over his team draws up that play. 

28 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

He put the ball on the corner of the glass, it had zero chance of going in, goaltending or not but the call was still missed. Should never have been in that situation. The easy play call is to clear out, drive to the basket, dish to who ever LeBron was supposed to guard (you know he’s going to leave bis assignment to go for the block) and take the jumper leaving little to no time on the clock. Make it and go home for game 6 series win or miss and play for overtime. It’s really not that difficult. No coach who knows what he’s doing and has control over his team draws up that play. 

Idk if Vic has missed that shot once all year. Literally his best finishing move. We literally got a layup lol.. he got fouled, and it was goal tending. It didn't hit anywhere close to the corner. 

45 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I was not going to post...

I like the play call.  The play call was correct.  Vic has beaten LeBron to the goal several times this series.  Its been said Vic has another level of speed.  Each player and coach on both sides did exactly as they should have.  I wish the refs would as well.

Despite all of this, the Pacers did have plenty of opportunities.  Hard for me to blame the loss on them, but all of what went on in the final seconds is obvious to most.

Edit:  adding to this, LeBron didn't hit a 3 all game.  Like the Pacers, you draw up a play to get the ball in the hands of your best player in the final seconds.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

5 finishes in that segment alone that confirm what I said. 

Archived