Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IUskim said:

This is probably the wrong thread to pose this question but it’s the most active so I will anyway. If all the insiders and experts are correct and Dawson chooses Marquette. Does Kaufman/Furst become more of a priority over lander? Are they all equal? Thoughts?

Let's be greedy and get all 3 but I would say Lander is still a priority

42 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Good Lord, it's fine to be disappointed a recruit didn't select us. There's absolutely NO reason to question a decision that HE and/or HIS family are making. If he goes to MU, it was the better choice for him, in HIS opinion, not yours! Of course IU makes more sense to us, that's where WE want him to go! Arguing whether or not a 17 year old's decision (whom of which you have NEVER met in your life) should come here or go there is just plain stupid, and a complete waste of time. 

We could argue what's better...steak or chicken? 

Wish we could have had him, won't lose a wink of sleep over this, or any other future non-commit. Some of you need to follow suit.

This is exactly correct. It is a little shocking and disappointing to see how many adults act when a 17-18 year old chooses a school that they believe is best for them. If a student athlete chooses to come to IU great, if not life goes on. I think some frustration and venting is normal and expected but many are taking it way too far (I'm not just speaking about those on this site)...come in off the ledge, the sun will rise tomorrow and there will surely be another recruit that can cause some to become stressed out over.

4 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Todo nuestro universo estaba en un estado denso y caliente
De repente hace catorce millones de años la expansión empezó (Espera)
La Tierra comenzó a enfriarse
Los autótrofos comenzaron a babear
Neandertales desarrollarin herramientas
Construimos una muralla (construimos las pirámides)
Matemáticas, ciencias, historia, desentrañando los misterios
Todo eso comenzó con el Big Bang

Bang!
Desde el aparecimiento del hombre no ha pasado tanto tiempo
Ya que cada galaxia se formó en menos de lo que dura esta canción
En una fracción de segundo se hicieron los elementos
El bípedos se enderezaron
Los dinosaurios todos conocieron su destino
Trataron de saltar, pero llegaron tarde
Y todos ellos murieron (se congelaron hasta el c*lo)
Los océanos y Pangea
Nos vemos, no querriamos ser ustedes
Puesto en marcha por el mismo Big Bang
¡Todo eso comenzó con el Big Bang!
Se está expandiendo cada vez más, pero un día
Se pausará y empezára a ir hacia el otro lado

Implosionará, pero no estaremos aquí, no será escuchado
Nuestra mejor y más brillante figura que hará un Bang aun mas fuerte.
Los australopitecos deberían habernos odiado
Debatiendo sobre cómo estamos aquí, ellos cazando venados (nosotros cazando virus)
Religión o astronomía (Encarta, Deuteronomio)
Música y mitología (Einstein y astrología)

Damn, i was waiting for a "Bazinga!"

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why is it that for some reason, even though our insiders say we are out, I think he may pop for IU still?  Could it be a magnificent smoke screen even the insiders have been led on?  What happened to CAM was very excited and had a huge smile on the plane ride home Sunday evening?

Doubt it's a smokescreen but if so...magnificently played by Garcia and Arch! 

24 minutes ago, IUskim said:

This is probably the wrong thread to pose this question but it’s the most active so I will anyway. If all the insiders and experts are correct and Dawson chooses Marquette. Does Kaufman/Furst become more of a priority over lander? Are they all equal? Thoughts?

Kaufman and Furst for sure.. we need bigs and size! 

50 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why is it that for some reason, even though our insiders say we are out, I think he may pop for IU still?  Could it be a magnificent smoke screen even the insiders have been led on?  What happened to CAM was very excited and had a huge smile on the plane ride home Sunday evening?

Dawson Garcia aka Jared Jeffries moment!!!

1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

Rivals guys are saying they haven't heard anything but are leaning Marquette.  I doubt anyone knows right now because as of yesterday neither staff knew.  

Not saying you are wrong but how does anyone know if the coaching staff knew about the decision or not.

1 hour ago, Coach Robby said:

Good Lord, it's fine to be disappointed a recruit didn't select us. There's absolutely NO reason to question a decision that HE and/or HIS family are making. If he goes to MU, it was the better choice for him, in HIS opinion, not yours! Of course IU makes more sense to us, that's where WE want him to go! Arguing whether or not a 17 year old's decision (whom of which you have NEVER met in your life) should come here or go there is just plain stupid, and a complete waste of time. 

We could argue what's better...steak or chicken? 

Wish we could have had him, won't lose a wink of sleep over this, or any other future non-commit. Some of you need to follow suit.

Excellent post.  You captured my view better than I could say it.

Archived