Dawson Garcia Commits to Marquette

CauseThatsMyDJ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why is it that for some reason, even though our insiders say we are out, I think he may pop for IU still?  Could it be a magnificent smoke screen even the insiders have been led on?  What happened to CAM was very excited and had a huge smile on the plane ride home Sunday evening?

The guy on the plane just had gas. 💩

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why is it that for some reason, even though our insiders say we are out, I think he may pop for IU still?  Could it be a magnificent smoke screen even the insiders have been led on?  What happened to CAM was very excited and had a huge smile on the plane ride home Sunday evening?

Maybe who ever reported that he was smiling was looking upside down at him🤔🤦🏼‍♂️

Not that we didn’t already know he wasn’t coming here, and not that it matters at this point anyway, but if the staff was informed and they told people isn’t that a violation for talking about recruits? Again not that it matters and maybe I’m being petty it just seems odd 

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Still will be interested on his explanation on why he chose Marquette.  I guess it is just my crimson colored glasses but I just don't see why he would.  I guess it is better than being Minnesota where they keep losing every top player from their state.

I too am interested in his reason. 

11 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Not that we didn’t already know he wasn’t coming here, and not that it matters at this point anyway, but if the staff was informed and they told people isn’t that a violation for talking about recruits? Again not that it matters and maybe I’m being petty it just seems odd 

Technically yes it probably is. However there is probably not proof so nothing would come of it. Also that probably wouldn't result in anything other than a possible fine at most. 

5 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Technically yes it probably is. However there is probably not proof so nothing would come of it. Also that probably wouldn't result in anything other than a possible fine at most. 

I figured and like I said not that it matters anyway I was just curious. 

15 minutes ago, IUskim said:

I too am interested in his reason. 

I think it has to be something in the public like a press conference.  also if they just said we just lost out on a recruit and not by name there is nothing wrong with this.  I know Juawan Howard ahs already got in a little trouble by publically talking about a recruit by name.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think it has to be something in the public like a press conference.  also if they just said we just lost out on a recruit and not by name there is nothing wrong with this.  I know Juawan Howard ahs already got in a little trouble by publically talking about a recruit by name.

Exactly. That's why any staff should ever name, names.   Generalities are OK.

4 hours ago, hoosiermd said:

Jax according to 247 that list is:

Caleb Love (UNC)
Andre Curbelo (Illinois)
Hassan Diarra (Texas A&M)
Terrence Clarke (Kentucky)
Anthony Leal (Indiana)
Trey Galloway (Indiana)
Andre Jackson (Connecticut)
Ethan Morton (Purdue)
Matt Cross (Florida)
Jordan Geronimo (Indiana)
Isaiah Jackson (Kentucky)
Dawson Garcia (uncommitted)
Zach Loveday (Baylor)
Nimari Burnett (Texas Tech)
DJ Steward (Duke)
RJ Davis (UNC)

Does that seem right? That's 16. 

The only way to get more of these kids is to win. Not against our sisters of the poor tech. But start playing good schools and beating them. Making deep runs in the NCAA. Archie and Tom seem to be good enough recruiters to get us in a kids final whatever. Winning will push us to the top of some. Until then its just more swings and misses. Just like this one. Sure would like to see the fuel bill.

4 minutes ago, Indykev said:

The only way to get more of these kids is to win. Not against our sisters of the poor tech. But start playing good schools and beating them. Making deep runs in the NCAA. Archie and Tom seem to be good enough recruiters to get us in a kids final whatever. Winning will push us to the top of some. Until then its just more swings and misses. Just like this one. Sure would like to see the fuel bill.

I agree but how do you explain Garcia picking Marquette because they have not own anymore than we have the last 5 years.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I agree but how do you explain Garcia picking Marquette because they have not own anymore than we have the last 5 years.

Well then you have to look at Archie, and no one here wants to do that. It sure isnt the campus, tradition, or fan base. or wojo promised him the moon and Archie didn't.

Archived