Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

I may be reading too much into things, but is Brooks leaning towards MSU? Seems like our coaching staff has been focusing on TJD (understandably), Hurt, Watford, and some guards. Also, crystal ball went down from 40% to 29%, which could mean nothing, but just curious. Anyone heard anything?

My guess is that it has as much to do with the position starting to look like it might be a little crowded at IU if some of these recruits Archie is chasing commit.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

My guess is that it has as much to do with the position starting to look like it might be a little crowded at IU if some of these recruits Archie is chasing commit.

Yes, we may have some logjam at 3-4 spots with bunch of guys between 6'7" and 6'9" tall. It was 'hypothetically' discussed here at some point that one spot would be for either Brooks or Watford because they play the same position. For a while, it seemed like our coaching staff put a lot of time and efforts recruiting Brooks, then recently, IU shifted focus to Trendon and the Dad Watford said Archie said he would go all in and full tilt for Trendon. So I'm guessing either our coaching staff made a choice or Brooks was leaning to MSU. 

But in the end, who would want to go to MSU these days?

Just now, addictedtoIU said:

Yes, we may have some logjam at 3-4 spots with bunch of guys between 6'7" and 6'9" tall. It was 'hypothetically' discussed here at some point that one spot would be for either Brooks or Watford because they play the same position. For a while, it seemed like our coaching staff put a lot of time and efforts recruiting Brooks, then recently, IU shifted focus to Trendon and the Dad Watford said Archie said he would go all in and full tilt for Trendon. So I'm guessing either our coaching staff made a choice or Brooks was leaning to MSU. 

But in the end, who would want to go to MSU these days?

It's a tough call...those are two great players, but if I have to choose, I'd likely choose Watford. That may be what the staff has done as well.

Maybe I'm watching the wrong Brooks tapes/action but I won't be disappointed one bit with him. TJD, Brooks and Watford will have some decision to make soon. I'll be very happy with any of those. If we get multiple...on another level.

Regarding MSU. If someone chooses that cesspool right now I'll just say see you later and have fun with that lifelong decision. 

30 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's a tough call...those are two great players, but if I have to choose, I'd likely choose Watford. That may be what the staff has done as well.

Extremely tough call especially when you factor in Brooks plays AAU with TJD and they may want to be a package deal to IU, Brooks being from Indiana, Watford being a sibling legacy, including Hurt in the conversation as well. Good problem to have I guess.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe I'm watching the wrong Brooks tapes/action but I won't be disappointed one bit with him. TJD, Brooks and Watford will have some decision to make soon. I'll be very happy with any of those. If we get multiple...on another level.

Regarding MSU. If someone chooses that cesspool right now I'll just say see you later and have fun with that lifelong decision. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong...I'd love to have Brooks too. Great player and a strong candidate for Mr. Basketball next year along with TJD.  As I said...tough call for the staff, but I think they'll have to make that call soon with all the interest IU seems to have right now.

12 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised a bit if TJD, Brooks, and Watford all came to IU.  This program is turning around and fast!

Good Lord. To feel like Duke or Kentucky recruiting just for a class would restore my faith in everything in this world. I wouldn't care about 45, North Korea, China, tariffs, markets, walls, and why people who have 114 items still use the self check at my Kroger. 

15 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised a bit if TJD, Brooks, and Watford all came to IU.  This program is turning around and fast!

Seems like we're truly in it for all of them. Just have to worry about the scholly crunch if they did and others also wanted to come and if Romeo were to be here for year 2!

16 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Is anyone else hearing that this is actually an IU-UK battle? I'm not really buying that whole narrative. Sounds like Mich St is still in the best position at the moment. I even noticed that a UK writer (Chris Fisher) put in a CB pick 3 days ago for Brooks to Mich St.

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Is anyone else hearing that this is actually an IU-UK battle? I'm not really buying that whole narrative. Sounds like Mich St is still in the best position at the moment. I even noticed that a UK writer (Chris Fisher) put in a CB pick 3 days ago for Brooks to Mich St.

Doesn't even sound like the article's author is really buying what he's selling.

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My guess is our staff feels comfortable with DG, AD, RP and 1 more 2019 Top 40 PG to handle that. Archie 2-4 positions appears to be pretty interchangeable parts. 

we need Hunter and Anderson ready to go as SO.. probably need 10mins out of Hunter a game this coming year. 

6 hours ago, Max said:

Yea I don’t buy UK being a big player there either. MSU is and maybe UL.

coach cal is done soon

I would not count out Michigan. Bielein has recruited well from Indiana- especially N Indiana and has already offered Brooks. 

Ann Arbor is probably equidistant to Ft Wayne as compared to Bloomington. Great academics. 

Bielein has put quite a few kids in the league recently as well. I think that they may be more likely than MSU given the problems in E Lansing

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Really want Watford, but getting Keion could really be huge for the program! When was the last time IU got a top recruit from the FW area? If Archie could open up FW, the southern part of the state and the Region, WOW!

Blackman was from Fort Wayne

17 hours ago, mkaser said:

Went to the EYBL on Friday and watched Brooks and TJD play and I was impressed a lot by Keion. He is a great rebounder and he also had a monster dunk over a defender. Also, TJD hit the game-winning three as time expired.

I went on Sunday and unfortunately only got to watch the first 15 mins of Brooks and TJD, but came away impressed by both. Previously after watching Brooks in the IHSAA tournament on TV I wasn't that impressed, but noted that his HS teammates seemed to be trying to get their own, more than letting Brooks be the man. Brooks and TJD both had monster jams in the time that I watched and Brooks posted up and finished well. Very aggressive and impressive. TJD was a monster on the boards, getting fouled after getting offensive boards and knocking down his FTs (unlike his dad DD who was watching next to me).

Archived