Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keion and family enjoyed the visit, he said that IU is doing a great job recruiting him and that he feels comfortable talking to the staff about things rather than just basketball. 

Keion also stated once again that the thought of wearing Indiana across his chest and being a star for the Hoosiers is very intriguing and was quoted saying, "Why go somewhere else when I can do it at home."

13 minutes ago, KDB said:

Keion and family enjoyed the visit, he said that IU is doing a great job recruiting him and that he feels comfortable talking to the staff about things rather than just basketball. 

Keion also stated once again that the thought of wearing Indiana across his chest and being a star for the Hoosiers is very intriguing and was quoted saying, "Why go somewhere else when I can do it at home."

That's a pretty telling quote 

17 minutes ago, KDB said:

Thanks for the info! I hope they have more interviews with him and TJD's in-homes come out soon...

I actually think the best part of that info was him feeling comfortable enough to talk with the staff about things other than basketball. Whenever I see Keion do an interview and talk about Izzo, that's something that he brings up often. I'm starting to get the impression that IU is not that far back from MSU right now. 

7 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

I think Izzo should be fired, but MSU seems to be rotten to the core. They will do everything in their power to keep him. I wouldn't even call that place an educational institution. 

Considering a lawsuit was filed today against the university pertaining to the former spartan men’s basketball players!!!

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Izzo might not have a job in a few days,weeks, or months.

I was thinking about this the other day...did Izzo ever make that statement he told the media he was inevitably going to make "when the time was right"? I was really hoping that after the E:60 story came out that MSU students would have stopped going to home games as a peaceful demonstration that the victims, student body, alumni, etc. deserve answers and deserve them now. While I don't think it's fair to punish Izzo for the police and others involved to not investigate these issues to the fullest, Izzo is responsible for his team. Whether it's his poor judgment in recruiting respectable players or having a leint policy/ lack of consequences for those accused or charged with sexual assault, he has clearly shown inability to have control over his own program.

14 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I was thinking about this the other day...did Izzo ever make that statement he told the media he was inevitably going to make "when the time was right"? I was really hoping that after the E:60 story came out that MSU students would have stopped going to home games as a peaceful demonstration that the victims, student body, alumni, etc. deserve answers and deserve them now. While I don't think it's fair to punish Izzo for the police and others involved to not investigate these issues to the fullest, Izzo is responsible for his team. Whether it's his poor judgment in recruiting respectable players or having a leint policy/ lack of consequences for those accused or charged with sexual assault, he has clearly shown inability to have control over his own program.

Well to think Izzy wasn't aware of these shenanigans would be naive.  He damn well knew.  

3 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I hope you don't think Izzo was kept in the dark do you?

9 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I wouldn't assume Izzo isn't to blame for the lack of investigation by police. He is a powerful man in East Lansing. 

35 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I wouldn't assume Izzo isn't to blame for the lack of investigation by police. He is a powerful man in East Lansing. 

Yeah, I thought reports suggested that he, D’Antonio, and the AD handled things “in house”?? He should have been fired two months ago. Respect him as a coach, but he’s got to go even if it’s proven he wasn’t involved or didn’t know, a number of his players were involved which speaks to the types of kids he recruits.

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, I thought reports suggested that he, D’Antonio, and the AD handled things “in house”?? He should have been fired two months ago. Respect him as a coach, but he’s got to go even if it’s proven he wasn’t involved or didn’t know, a number of his players were involved which speaks to the types of kids he recruits.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge based on the types of kids he recruits.  First, we don't even know which players it was yet.  Second, he has recruited some very respectful and good people to play for him.  And many of the kids that Izzo recruits, Archie recruits and Crean has recruited in the past as well.  Case in point, KBJ.  Some of the involved could have been heavily recruited by Crean as well.   

6 hours ago, Indykev said:

I hope you don't think Izzo was kept in the dark do you?

I haven't seen a report/heard Izzo suggest that any of the accusations or charges made against his players he wasn't made aware of. What I am suggesting, in defense of Izzo, is that it is not his responsibility from a legal standpoint to perform the investigation. Based on the E:60 video, the police had more than enough evidence to charge Payne & Appling but ultimately the attorney dropped the case because felt that the victim wasn't mentally strong enough to survive a courtroom. Additionally, the player/assistant coach who punched the girl in the face was found innocent because of conflicting eyewitness testimonies. Evidently, the people in charge of the investigation decide they were innocent, not Izzo. If Izzo tried to interfere with these investigations in any manner, then that is a different story.

As I previously mentioned though, I still feel that MSU should fire Tom Izzo for having a clear lack of control over his players/program. 

28 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge based on the types of kids he recruits.  First, we don't even know which players it was yet.  Second, he has recruited some very respectful and good people to play for him.  And many of the kids that Izzo recruits, Archie recruits and Crean has recruited in the past as well.  Case in point, KBJ.  Some of the involved could have been heavily recruited by Crean as well.   

How did we go from talking about Izzo and MSU to bringing in Archie and FCTC?  Got me lost.  Izzo is the one dealing with all this sexual stuff not Miller or Crean.  At IU the players just smoke weed and drink their alcohol!

24 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

I haven't seen a report/heard Izzo suggest that any of the accusations or charges made against his players he wasn't made aware of. What I am suggesting, in defense of Izzo, is that it is not his responsibility from a legal standpoint to perform the investigation. Based on the E:60 video, the police had more than enough evidence to charge Payne & Appling but ultimately the attorney dropped the case because felt that the victim wasn't mentally strong enough to survive a courtroom. Additionally, the player/assistant coach who punched the girl in the face was found innocent because of conflicting eyewitness testimonies. Evidently, the people in charge of the investigation decide they were innocent, not Izzo. If Izzo tried to interfere with these investigations in any manner, then that is a different story.

As I previously mentioned though, I still feel that MSU should fire Tom Izzo for having a clear lack of control over his players/program. 

The prosecutor was a wimp.  She now has a job in the MSU compliance department.   She had Appling nailed to the wall on Payne's testimony.  Even if the prosecutor decided to prosecute, there's no way Izzo can look at those reports and do nothing to Appling.  But he did. 

New article floating around on twitter (homegrown hoosier)this afternoon. I didn't want to post in case its premium but sounds pretty promising on Brooks. Even more to the article basically says that once Romeo decides we could see the recruiting run that others on this board have discussed for a month or so. Seems like plenty of momentum out there right now.

I may be reading too much into things, but is Brooks leaning towards MSU? Seems like our coaching staff has been focusing on TJD (understandably), Hurt, Watford, and some guards. Also, crystal ball went down from 40% to 29%, which could mean nothing, but just curious. Anyone heard anything?

2 hours ago, addictedtoIU said:

I may be reading too much into things, but is Brooks leaning towards MSU? Seems like our coaching staff has been focusing on TJD (understandably), Hurt, Watford, and some guards. Also, crystal ball went down from 40% to 29%, which could mean nothing, but just curious. Anyone heard anything?

We just had an in-home visit and saw him in sectional game... and saw him and TJD play this weekend. (They're on the same team)

Archived