Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/29/2018 at 5:40 PM, Drroogh said:

Really want Watford, but getting Keion could really be huge for the program! When was the last time IU got a top recruit from the FW area? If Archie could open up FW, the southern part of the state and the Region, WOW!

As far as Fort Wayne goes the last would have been Luke Recker.  But you could count JBJ, although he graduated from Marion, he committed when he was at FW Luers.  The only other FW area boys that I can think of that went to IU are John Flowers and Tracy Foster.

41 minutes ago, rico said:

As far as Fort Wayne goes the last would have been Luke Recker.  But you could count JBJ, although he graduated from Marion, he committed when he was at FW Luers.  The only other FW area boys that I can think of that went to IU are John Flowers and Tracy Foster.

James Hardy (RIP)

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Football player

Yes and no.  

When he originally was recruited he was thought to be more of a basketball player.  He had only played one year of football in high school and many IU football fans were initially irritated that a football scholarship was being wasted on a basketball player.  

I believe when James was recruited that he was one of the all time leading scorers in the Summit Athletic Conference for basketball.  He was definitely ranked higher as a basketball player coming out of high school.

5 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yes and no.  

When he originally was recruited he was thought to be more of a basketball player.  He had only played one year of football in high school and many IU football fans were initially irritated that a football scholarship was being wasted on a basketball player.  

I believe when James was recruited that he was one of the all time leading scorers in the Summit Athletic Conference for basketball.  He was definitely ranked higher as a basketball player coming out of high school.

He was runner-up in Mr. Basketball too

1 minute ago, cybergates said:

He was runner-up in Mr. Basketball too

3rd place actually, behind AJ Ratliff and ironically another "AJ", AJ Graves...if I recall correctly they were all three split by just a few votes...probably the tightest Mr. Basketball race ever

2 hours ago, rico said:

Tom Bolyard was from Ft Wayne and played in the early 60's. He was captain of the team his senior year on a team that included the VanArsdale twins. He averaged 18 points per game for his career which ranks right up there with the all-time best Hoosiers 

36 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

Tom Bolyard was from Ft Wayne and played in the early 60's. He was captain of the team his senior year on a team that included the VanArsdale twins. He averaged 18 points per game for his career which ranks right up there with the all-time best Hoosiers 

Before my time Jerry.

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

3rd place actually, behind AJ Ratliff and ironically another "AJ", AJ Graves...if I recall correctly they were all three split by just a few votes...probably the tightest Mr. Basketball race ever

Ummmm, there have been "ties".

11 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

It actually happened 4 times

61 Van Arsdale's

74 Steve Collier, Rpy Taylor

84 Troy Lewis, Delray Brooks

87 Edwards and Jones

Fair enough. Well before my time. My point was that I’d never heard of 3 guys all being within a couple points of winning it

17 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

His wikipedia page is wrong which is where I got it. I saw an indystar article confirming what you say, Ratliff 48, Graves 46, Hardy 44.

Archived