2019 MLB Discussion

rico

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Right now Suarez has 40 HR and 90 RBI and never gets any credit but that happens when you play on a bad team.

That's funny. I didn't know that although I should since I feel like he's hit 15 and 30 rbi vs us this year. Amazing the stats that fans should know that don't. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Schwarber at 33 and 77. To me the 40 home runs should happen...100 rbi will be tough. Has there ever been a guy who hit 40/100 more underappreciated in recent memory? I'm sure there's someone I'm missing. 

Adam Dunn did it 4x with the Reds...wasn't on the AS team in any of those 4 seasons.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Adam Dunn did it 4x with the Reds...wasn't on the AS team in any of those 4 seasons.

Twins have two guys this year on target...

Nelson Cruz at 35/92 and Max Kepler at 36/90.

The impressive thing about Cruz, other than the fact that he's 39 years old, is that he has done this in 25 fewer games and 117 fewer At Bats than Kepler.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

The Big Donkey was a beast...I often wonder how he would have been if he chose a football career.

His bio says he played QB at New Caney High. They do take high school football very seriously here. Here's a pic of New Caney's football field (a town of 20,000 people). Note the scoreboard and artificial turf.

Screenshot_20190904-094426_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

His bio says he played QB at New Caney High. They do take high school football very seriously here. Here's a pic of New Caney's football field (a town of 20,000 people). Note the scoreboard and artificial turf.

Screenshot_20190904-094426_Chrome.jpg

IIRC, Adam had an offer from the Longhorns.

31 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Reposting this...just learned that Dick Wilson, known in Minneapolis circles as "The King of Jingles" and responsible for writing this song, died at the age of 83 this week.

Too bad he couldn't make it to see how the end of this season plays out. 

RIP, Dick.

Sorry to hear this Steubby.  Go Twins.

RIP Dick

5 hours ago, rico said:

The Reds' Lorenzen gets a win, hits a HR, and plays the OF.  The last time that was done was June 13th, 1921 by Babe Ruth.

Of all the dumb things Bell has done this year, the one that bothers me the most is that he did not find a way to get Lorenzen in the outfield and at the plate more.  

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Of all the dumb things Bell has done this year, the one that bothers me the most is that he did not find a way to get Lorenzen in the outfield and at the plate more.  

If you project Lorenzen's career hitting stats(small sample size of 111PAs) into full season.  The projection would be 30+ HRs and 100+ RBI's.  To go along with that about a .270 BA.  

Archived