2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Should have swept the Marlins.  Fox Indiana pissed me off last night because they did not show the Reds game last night but showed the Fever game.

I see Iglesias took another loss...starting to think the Reds should have traded him.

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

it seemed like when he started he would always go on the DL a couple of times with a sore arm.  Also Lorenzen would like to go back to starting  but he probably will be the closer.

Just my opinion by I give Garrett a look as the closer.

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just seems like he is always dominate the first half then struggle in the second half of the season.

???  This is only his 3rd season in the bigs...the 1st season he was used as a starter.  His numbers are great for this year.

18 minutes ago, rico said:

???  This is only his 3rd season in the bigs...the 1st season he was used as a starter.  His numbers are great for this year.

Last year so far this year his numbers after the break has not been very good.  They said the other night that he had given up 8 runs in his last 9 appearances.  Also I remember his first year as a starter he started on fire.  For some reason they sent him down to the minors for awhile but when he came back he was pretty bad.

Castellanos is to Cubs 19 as Schwarber was to Cubs 15. Literally everyone I know is saying what a breath of fresh air and he performs. Thank God Theo traded single A talent to acquire one of the valuable players in baseball. Back to back doubleheaders for Reds and Cards this weekend. 

Cubs seem to be righting this ship. Contreras and Zobrist back soon. Just need to get everyone healthy and see if we can have a 20 win Sept. 

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Castellanos is to Cubs 19 as Schwarber was to Cubs 15. Literally everyone I know is saying what a breath of fresh air and he performs. Thank God Theo traded single A talent to acquire one of the valuable players in baseball. Back to back doubleheaders for Reds and Cards this weekend. 

Cubs seem to be righting this ship. Contreras and Zobrist back soon. Just need to get everyone healthy and see if we can have a 20 win Sept. 

Castellanos certainly has been a Godsend. I was a bit skeptical, but the guy has been the Cubs MVP for the last month.

Caratini has been big as well. He's lifted his average 30 points in the past month. If Rizzo has to be out for a while, I'm a little bit more comfortable with it.

Lucroy has kinda fallen off the cliff. 1 for his last 15 and down to .222. He hasn't been terrible with the glove, but I wonder if they'll have him on the playoff roster.

And I hope Russell continues to hit. Before his 0-4 yesterday he'd had a little warm streak going, and I know he's a good defender with a ton of range when his head is in the game. As you said, be interesting to see what Maddon does when Zobrist and Contreras return.

The Reds manager David Bell is an idiot and should not have a job.  Reds up 2-1 against St. Louis going to the 9th and he brings in Inglesias who is 2-10 and has blown 5 saves.  In the 8th Lorenzen was dominate with a 1-2-3 inning with 2K's.  I have no idea why Bell thought it was good to bring in Inglesias just because he is supposedly the closer.  Inglesias faced 3 batters and did not get anyone out and then bell took hi out to bring in Gausman who gave up the winning hit.

Sonny Gray had another great outing giving up one unearned run n 6 2/3 innings.  He has now have started 26 games and have not given up more than 4 runs in any game.  I come to a conclusion that Van Meter needs to go back to being an infielder because he just dropped his second routine flyball in the last two weeks and his error caused the first run to score.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sonny Gray had another great outing giving up one unearned run n 6 2/3 innings.  He has now have started 26 games and have not given up more than 4 runs in any game.  I come to a conclusion that Van Meter needs to go back to being an infielder because he just dropped his second routine flyball in the last two weeks and his error caused the first run to score.

Good to see Sonny Gray doing well for the Reds. But that's not the Sonny Gray we Yankee fans remember......

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds manager David Bell is an idiot and should not have a job.  Reds up 2-1 against St. Louis going to the 9th and he brings in Inglesias who is 2-10 and has blown 5 saves.  In the 8th Lorenzen was dominate with a 1-2-3 inning with 2K's.  I have no idea why Bell thought it was good to bring in Inglesias just because he is supposedly the closer.  Inglesias faced 3 batters and did not get anyone out and then bell took hi out to bring in Gausman who gave up the winning hit.

Yeah.  If Iglesias is the closer/blower at the start of next season, I am done.  At what point does the coaching staff understand something the fan base has known for most of the season?

50 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  If Iglesias is the closer/blower at the start of next season, I am done.  At what point does the coaching staff understand something the fan base has known for most of the season?

They better be shopping him around...

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yu Darvhis last minute scratch today vs Brewers. Forearm tightness. Been dealing with it for a month I guess. Chatwood gets the nod in a must win game. Not good. 

Sorry to hear this...I thought Yu was really hitting his stride.

Archived