2019 MLB Discussion

rico

Reds blow lead in 9th to the lowly Pirates.  Tonight's game is another time why I question using so many bullpen guys.  Garret came in the 8th and got then 1-2-3 on 10 pitches.  Why not keep him in for the 9th since you know he had his stuff tonight instead you bring Inglesias who you have no idea what he has tonight. He blows the lead because he hung 4 sliders for hits and only out came on a SAC bunt and he is now 2-9.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds blow lead in 9th to the lowly Pirates.  Tonight's game is another time why I question using so many bullpen guys.  Garret came in the 8th and got then 1-2-3 on 10 pitches.  Why not keep him in for the 9th since you know he had his stuff tonight instead you bring Inglesias who you have no idea what he has tonight. He blows the lead because he hung 4 sliders for hits and only out came on a SAC bunt and he is now 2-9.

Tough one for sure.  Iglesias, although good stuff, is not the closer down the road.  I do believe that is 9 losses for him.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Remember, you got a 1st year manager.  He is learning on the job.

He has been pretty bad this year especially we handling the pitching staff.  It looks like Suarez could use a few days off because he looks tied.  This week he has struck out 4 times in a game twice and had that terrible drop on the pop up as well.  Also looks like Senzel has hit the wall and might need a few days off as well.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He has been pretty bad this year especially we handling the pitching staff.  It looks like Suarez could use a few days off because he looks tied.  This week he has struck out 4 times in a game twice and had that terrible drop on the pop up as well.  Also looks like Senzel has hit the wall and might need a few days off as well.

Perhaps, but when all is said and done the Reds have had a good season.  At least from this fan's perspective.

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Never a dull moment with Cubs. 8 runners left on base in scoring position last 3 innings. Rizzo after 2 errors leaves game with back problem and in danger of losing 2nd straight to Nationals with Strasburg on mound for them tomorrow. 

How’d the bottom of the 6th just end? I saw the cubs reliever was on 2nd. Did he try to advance to 3rd on a pitch and got thrown out?

On 8/23/2019 at 8:48 AM, Seeking6 said:

ESPN has a stat on far right of standings touting % chance of making playoffs. As of this morning.

Cubs-80.4

Cards-50.2

Brewers-12.9

Must admit. All 3 of those numbers cause me some hesitation. Cards only 1/2 game out. Brewers are only 4 and play Cubs what seems like 12 more times this year.

68-Cubs and 63 Cards. Amazing that numbers can change by 13% in less than 36 hours? Long race. 

Saw the Reds record against the Central division and can't believe our worst record is against the Pirates.  The hitting for the Reds have totally disappeared and the younger guys have came back to earth a little bit and being without Votto and Winker is hurting as well. 

Cubs 9-7

Brewers 8-8

Cardinals 6-9

Pirates 5-10

1 hour ago, rico said:

I spent 2 hours last night talking my Cub buddy off a cliff.  

The Cubs are 2 1/2 out (3 in the loss column) and clinging to the final wild card slot. 

Now on the road to face the Mets. Stroman, Syndergaard, and deGrom...wonderful.

The ship hasn't sunk yet, but I'm looking for a spot in a lifeboat.

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The Cubs are 2 1/2 out (3 in the loss column) and clinging to the final wild card slot. 

Now on the road to face the Mets. Stroman, Syndergaard, and deGrom...wonderful.

The ship hasn't sunk yet, but I'm looking for a spot in a lifeboat.

Darvish, Hendricks, Lester to counter. Of course what we really need is our bats to make this trip. Not going to get many chances vs their pitchers. If only for a series we need to hit with risp like no other this week. Unless the Brewers want to do us a solid and help us out.

Archived