2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disco looked great last night with 7IP, OR, 2H, K's, 1W and that is not bad for you #5 starter.  Also after watching the last 3 games against the Marlins I think that Miami does not deserve a team.  It has to be depressing playing there when you can't even get 5,000 people in the stadium.  I thought some of the Reds attendance was bad but nothing compared to what I have seen these last few games.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Disco looked great last night with 7IP, OR, 2H, K's, 1W and that is not bad for you #5 starter.  Also after watching the last 3 games against the Marlins I think that Miami does not deserve a team.  It has to be depressing playing there when you can't even get 5,000 people in the stadium.  I thought some of the Reds attendance was bad but nothing compared to what I have seen these last few games.

Disco is really coming into form.  Heck he is 9-7 with an ERA right at 4.  Don't know about his contract status, but Cincy needs to hold on to him.

As far as Miami...FLA is just not a good place for MLB.  Too many other things to do for pleasure.

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Disco is really coming into form.  Heck he is 9-7 with an ERA right at 4.  Don't know about his contract status, but Cincy needs to hold on to him.

As far as Miami...FLA is just not a good place for MLB.  Too many other things to do for pleasure.

Both teams in Florida needs to re locate.  At one time I was hoping that Indianapolis would get a LB team but it will never happen.  To many other teams in this location so they will never let Indy have a team.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Both teams in Florida needs to re locate.  At one time I was hoping that Indianapolis would get a LB team but it will never happen.  To many other teams in this location so they will never let Indy have a team.

Perhaps, but media markets spin the wheel.  Indy would be a good landing spot for a moving team.  But there are other cities ahead of them.

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

And yet only the Giants, Yankees, and Red Sox  can say they've won more World Series Titles in the last 25 years. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Perhaps, but media markets spin the wheel.  Indy would be a good landing spot for a moving team.  But there are other cities ahead of them.

I know in the 80's when Jeff Smulyan owned the Mariners and at one time thought he might move them to Indy.  He was from Indy so there were speculation about that but never happened.  I have always heard that the Reds and the other cities around here did not want a team in Indy.

With the proximity of so many other teams, Indy could not support a MLB team.  Cubs fans aren't going to stop being Cubs fans.  Cardinal fans aren't going to stop being Cardinal fans.  Some Reds fans may jump, bot then you're hurting Cincy and still not getting enough support for Indy.  Loyalties in baseball run pretty deep.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I know in the 80's when Jeff Smulyan owned the Mariners and at one time thought he might move them to Indy.  He was from Indy so there were speculation about that but never happened.  I have always heard that the Reds and the other cities around here did not want a team in Indy.

Part of the deal was they never could move the team. Michael Browning (Browning Investments) was the brains behind it. Not Smulyan...even though I think he had controlling interest. Browning had a kid at IU that I knew. 

7 hours ago, slojoe said:

Cubs win 4-1.  I really like Caratini.  He's a switch hitter who is primarily a catcher but also can handle playing 1B.  He didn't show much HR power until this year.

He has been a real surprise.  I cant decide if his name is a pasta dish or a drink but either way he is playing well

Archived