2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don;t know if anyone saw this, but San Diego was inundated with Red Sox fans this weekend, much the way Cincy is when the Cubs are in town.  Anyway, the Padres rick-rolled the Red Sox fans by acting like they were going to play Sweet Caroline, like they do at Fenway every game.

https://kiss1023.iheart.com/featured/d-scott/content/2019-08-27-san-diego-padres-rick-roll-the-boston-red-sox-video/

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Don;t know if anyone saw this, but San Diego was inundated with Red Sox fans this weekend, much the way Cincy is when the Cubs are in town.  Anyway, the Padres rick-rolled the Red Sox fans by acting like they were going to play Sweet Caroline, like they do at Fenway every game.

https://kiss1023.iheart.com/featured/d-scott/content/2019-08-27-san-diego-padres-rick-roll-the-boston-red-sox-video/

So, you are saying when the Cubs are in Cincy, the town is inundated with Red Sox fans?

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Another good outing for Sonny Gray last night against the Marlins.  He went 6+ innings giving up 2R, 2H but 5 walks.  I think in his last 5 outings he has given up a total of 3 runs and he has been very good all year.

Sonny has been stellar for the Redlegs...Yankees fans can kiss my sweet #%$ for giving up on him.

4 minutes ago, rico said:

Sonny has been stellar for the Redlegs...Yankees fans can kiss my sweet #%$ for giving up on him.

If Bauer can turn it around next year then our top 3 of the rotation should be very good next year.  I wish we could play the Marlins more often since we are 4-0 against them and only gave up 4 runs total with 3 being last night.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If Bauer can turn it around next year then our top 3 of the rotation should be very good next year.  I wish we could play the Marlins more often since we are 4-0 against them and only gave up 4 runs total with 3 being last night.

I have a feeling that, regardless of how he pitches, Bauer is going to be a headache to deal with.  I'm loving Sonny Gray though.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I have a feeling that, regardless of how he pitches, Bauer is going to be a headache to deal with.  I'm loving Sonny Gray though.  

Well we gotta hope he gets his "headworms" taken care of...he is a talented player.

9 hours ago, rico said:

Yu pitching a gem in NYC...

Phenomenal job by Yu again. Contributions from Russell are welcomed and maybe the day for Javy chilled him out. Always good to get first win of series. Brewers better be careful. They could be out of this thing very soon. After Cards series they have 9 straight vs Cubs and Astros. Might make last years run to playoffs look more like a fluke instead of having a good team. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Phenomenal job by Yu again. Contributions from Russell are welcomed and maybe the day for Javy chilled him out. Always good to get first win of series. Brewers better be careful. They could be out of this thing very soon. After Cards series they have 9 straight vs Cubs and Astros. Might make last years run to playoffs look more like a fluke instead of having a good team. 

Imagine how bad that team would be without Yelich. 

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know they've had injuries so I'll give them a slight out....but maybe they were just a flash in the pan last year. Time will tell but they could find themselves dead by Monday. 

Remember, the Reds "stole" their pitching coach...

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I know they've had injuries so I'll give them a slight out....but maybe they were just a flash in the pan last year. Time will tell but they could find themselves dead by Monday. 

Great example is look at Travis Shaw. Guy was solid last year and I’m sure they thought he’d be one of their cornerstone guys. The dude has spent more time in AAA than the bigs this year. 

Archived