2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

After a rough start, Darvish has settled down (I hope) and the Cardinals are getting pounded...

All is right with the world

4 innings and 53 pitches. Funny how our Darvish conversation has changed since May. Brewers doing their thing. The beer is cold and Nick Castellanos might be my favorite deadline deal since Randall Simon/Lofton/Ramirez.

7 hours ago, slojoe said:

Cubs win a slugfest 12-11.  Kimbrel shuts down Giants in 9th like a lock down closer should.  Cards lose to Brew crew.

Kimbrel's outing was very encouraging. If we can get to the 9th with a lead, I think we're ok.

Just saw where Morrow is done for the year after another setback. Looks like Rowan Wick will be the 8th inning guy.

Rizzo said that this might be a season defining win, but I'd like to see one on the road before I think the Cubs have turned the corner.

I think getting Zobrist and Contreras back will be big.

But Darvish's implosion has me worried. I thought he was straightened out.

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Kimbrel's outing was very encouraging. If we can get to the 9th with a lead, I think we're ok.

Just saw where Morrow is done for the year after another setback. Looks like Rowan Wick will be the 8th inning guy.

Rizzo said that this might be a season defining win, but I'd like to see one on the road before I think the Cubs have turned the corner.

I think getting Zobrist and Contreras back will be big.

But Darvish's implosion has me worried. I thought he was straightened out.

Just have to keep this momentum going during the toughest part of our schedule. Blow a lead twice and still win is new for us. Never counted on Morrow....Thank God for Insurance with his contract.

I'm not worried on Darvish. His stuff has been best in baseball since late June/early July. Everyone's entitled to a couple of bad innings. Time to rethink our bullpen again though. Hopefully one of the guys will step up.

Regarding Cards/Brewers game. It was called after 66 minutes is what ESPN is saying. Was more rain in area and on the way?? Seems strange to call a game with playoff implications let alone after an hour. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Cards/Brewers game. It was called after 66 minutes is what ESPN is saying. Was more rain in area and on the way?? Seems strange to call a game with playoff implications let alone after an hour. 

Yeah, it is puzzling.  Brewers off today and the Cards staying home.

7 hours ago, rico said:

Yeah, it is puzzling.  Brewers off today and the Cards staying home.

If you hear anything I'd love to know what actually happened. If Cubs were tied in division and coming back on a team I was competing with for playoffs and game was called? It's 3:10pm my time the next day and I'd still be livid. Haha.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

If you hear anything I'd love to know what actually happened. If Cubs were tied in division and coming back on a team I was competing with for playoffs and game was called? It's 3:10pm my time the next day and I'd still be livid. Haha.

The Cubs announcers talked about it for a brief moment today on the TV broadcast...all they said were the rules are the rules.  I have no idea what they meant by that comment.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Maybe the Brewers sweep a couple weeks back but how it happened....this might be the best sweep for Cubs on the year. Nationals coming to town and onto Mets there. Schedule doesn't let up one bit. 

Who are the Nats throwing at them?

Archived